Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intel and Yuneec

Reaction score
Had a user stating that he was selling his H because Intel was bailing on Yuneec. Any truth to this rumor?

If it were true I'm certain it would have been published.
And why would that cause anyone to sell their bird? On eBay the H and the Phantom 4 are selling for about the same price in the used market.

More misinformation from a very badly written article that's been doing the rounds.

Intel are releasing a 'drone SDK' for their chips, which will be interesting to people who like building drones from the ground up, and software researchers who're doing sophisticated things with flying robots. It's not a consumer toy. However, the article suggests that it means that Intel have abandoned Yuneec. That's like saying ARM have abandoned Apple - it makes no sense.

If you look inside a Typhoon you'll see Yuneec switched over to all Intel chips, which I think is a first in drone development (a lot of drones are based on lower power chips that can just about run the flight control software - the Typhoon has loads of spare cpu cycles). The last few updates show that they're committed to long term development of the software that runs on the drone, and Intel will sell chips to anyone that asks for them. So, unlike some other manufacturers, this looks like a long term platform that will continue to evolve, rather than a consumer device that gets replaced by a new model every few months.

Intel is moving away from supporting Android platforms with their processors - they will continue to develop real sense technology but Yuneec will ultimately need to migrate to Qualcomm processors especially for they ST series controllers that utilize the Android operating system. I believe they stop shipping processors in 2018

I kind of sorta agree why would Intel after involving $60 million of their money drop a company that is on the up and coming.rumors have a way of not coming true

Purely my .02. I don't think Intel would "abandon" Yuneec for several reasons;

Based on my knowledge, Yuneec is the only consumer drone manufacturer using Intel processors. This would provide boat-loads of data for Intel to improve or design chips for drones.

I think Intel would love to be the "go to" company for drone processor chips. They can't get any real data without actually having their chips being used in drones.

And like any business, the more product you can put out there, the more money you are going to make. Its also not like Yuneec is some "hack" company that Intel wouldn't want to be associated with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech