Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intel's newly announced commercial drone

R

Rayray

Intel has announced they are making a new commercial drone, the Falcon 8+, an octocopter measuring about 30" by 32" by 6.3", and weighing about 6.17 lbs at takeoff. No availability or price mentioned, They said it will be highly autonomous, able to pilot itself.

Interesting tech, and obviously not meant to compete with Yuneec or any other consumer drones.

Intel has announced they are making a new commercial drone, the Falcon 8+, an octocopter measuring about 30" by 32" by 6.3", and weighing about 6.17 lbs at takeoff. No availability or price mentioned, They said it will be highly autonomous, able to pilot itself.

Interesting tech, and obviously not meant to compete with Yuneec or any other consumer drones.
Intel targets commercial market with company-branded Falcon 8+ drone

Looks like a beast ! The Intel Falcon 8+ builds up on the AscTec Falcon 8 from Ascending Technologies , that has been out since 2009:eek: Much dinero $$$ ! To much for my wallet!
$17,495.00
-
B&H Photo-Video-Audio

Last edited:
Intel targets commercial market with company-branded Falcon 8+ drone

Looks like a beast ! The Intel Falcon 8+ builds up on the AscTec Falcon 8 from Ascending Technologies , that has been out since 2009:eek: Much dinero $$$ ! To much for my wallet!
$17,495.00
-
B&H Photo-Video-Audio
Thanks for the link.

I'm glad Intel has taken this step because the rising tide will raise all boats as far as this technology is concerned. Eventually all drone hobbyists will benefit from this step. The chips Intel has developed, and will develop, will one day end up in affordable hobby-drones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval