Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Launches 3 new drones at CES including Typhoon H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EnlightenOnQ

Just got the email from CES on the release:

Announced at CES 2018
Introducing
Typhoon H Plus

372353fd-1dc1-4cec-bc55-d066cf168e35.jpg

Typhoon H Plus is packed with powerful features and professional image quality that photographers at any skill level will enjoy.

WATCH VIDEO

New features

7b5d9ba5-adc3-47ac-a8e9-f221737e7b62.png

• Extremely stable flight in winds up to 30 mph

• Leads its category in quiet flight - 40% reduction from previous hex models

• Intel® RealSense™ Intelligent Obstacle Navigation - 2nd generation firmware

• Highly reliable PX4 flight stack based on Dronecode’s universal platform

• Powered by ST16S Smart Controller with built-in 7-inch high resolution display

748ea9cc-63c2-4d4c-9220-939d3cd5e866.png

• High aperture 1-inch image sensor

• 20MP still photos and 4K-resolution at 60fps

• Continuous rotation gimbal combined with retractable landing gear provide
360-degree unobstructed image capture

• Improved low-light performance (compared to CGO3+)

Specifications

AIRFRAME

Diagonal size: 520mm

Weight (with camera): 4.4 lbs

Horizontal speed: 30mph

Flight time: 28 minutes

Battery: Lipo 4s 5250mAh

SMART CONTROLLER

Operating system: Android

Battery: 3.6V 8700mAh 31.32Wh Li-ion

Screen size: 7 inch

Video link resolution: 720p

Video output: HDMI

and the other 2 drones:
screen-shot-2018-01-09-at-12-56-33-720x720.jpg

Yuneec is also using CES to unveil two completely new drones in the fixed wing and racing categories. The lightweight Firebird FPV offers a flight time of up to 30 minutes, and promises a flying experience similar to a real full-sized aircraft. Using the Firebird FPV, you’ll be able to pull off acrobatic maneuvers such as inverted flight, rolls, and loops, safe in the knowledge that beginners can opt for an in-built Safety Mode that makes it impossible to descend below a certain altitude, while Return Home, Geo Fence and Auto Landing capabilities further reduce your fears about ruining your brand-new drone.

screen-shot-2018-01-09-at-12-56-57-720x720.jpg

Finally, Yuneec’s HD Racer is a palm-sized racing drone, promising nimble flight with smart stabilization. The HD racer is designed to be safely flown indoors, due to its compact size, protected blades, and durable construction. It is piloted via an optimized, all-digital, low -latency HD video downlink, and there’s even the option to record and share your best racing moments in high resolution 1080p.

All three new drones will be available this year, with the $1,800 Typhoon H Plus and $700 Firebird FPV slated for the first half of 2018, and the $180 HD Racer coming in for a landing sometime during the second half of the year. We couldn’t be more excited!

don't know if they are dropping it yet..... They might have upgrades for it......

I'm curious they show they are using the PX4 controller and software (Open Source/Hardware). My last drone ran on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, costs much less and looks like an okay camera too. Real Sense still optional tho.
Curious about the abilities of the new ST-16.....

Is that $1800 include an E-90 or will that cost extra like they did with the 520?

The fixed wing is a good move, if they bother to expand the basic platform, which at the moment is just a cheap Winged Dragon with an FPV cam and autopilot. From a practical perspective a well designed fixed wing serves the commercial operator much better than a multirotor. It’s amazing what you can do with a two operator fixed wing, or a single operator fixed wing that can be controlled through the camera controls. We’ll see how creative McConnville can be with this venture.

Reactions: rdonson
I am still trying to get my H working properly, 6th time sending it back, for yet another gps/compass replacement.....

Translation: limited features and no real mission planning, including spline waypoints. I hope I'm wrong, but the pricing is going to turn a lot of people off for a well behaving flyer and nice camera but not much in the way of mission planning and parameterization.

Boooo to yuneec for not continuing to develop and support there existing h480.

Will not buy another ....to expensive for a 1 year toy ...
Could not agree more. This is the reason I got away from DJI, try buying special parts for a Phantom 2 now!

I’m a bit perplexed by the announcement and this statement:

“Intel® RealSense™ Intelligent Obstacle Navigation - 2nd generation firmware”

Will they update the firmware for those of us who already have RealSense on our TH480?

This announcement sets a whole lot of questions into motion. Guess we’ll find out sometime this year.

Last edited:
Translation: limited features and no real mission planning, including spline waypoints. I hope I'm wrong, but the pricing is going to turn a lot of people off for a well behaving flyer and nice camera but not much in the way of mission planning and parameterization.

Glider,

There's no way they can provide mission planning access with the H Plus and not undermine the 520. Shifting the ST-16 over to the ST-16s is nothing more than consolidating and standardizing parts inventory to reduce production costs across both the 520 and H Plus. Same thing they did with the Typhoon H and 920 Plus. I don't think they realized they would end up increasing the 920's power system current loading when they converted them to the Plus version though...

There's an upside to all of this; at least they managed to show up and make new product announcements. I had some concerns it would not happen. They still have to make it to the shelves.

Reactions: pctyphoon
Yea I just go it in my email 10 minutes ago. I'll purchase the H+ and the Firebird.
hope the camera is included?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22