Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting idea

I wonder how long the motors can go before they get too hot?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Reactions: QuadBart
If you notice the cable is 150 ft. So if you are at the 50yd line...you could cover most of the length of a football field.

Bill W.

That company made this same setup for the Solo.
They replace the battery with some kind of power module and then send high voltage up the line. That way they can use very small wire. And the only conversion to your H or solo is to swap out the battery. Great idea but it does not come cheap. I thought the solo unit was around $1000. I did read or hear somewhere that they had a solo in the air for something like 30+ days and only brought it down because of bad weather.

Reactions: Rayray
I think the motors will overheat especially during sunny hot weather, recently I flew two battery's straight after each other just down to 14.6 volts and landed and three of the motors were very hot to touch, the outside shade air temperature was 30c, also I noticed the top of the H plastic body where the GPS is located was very hot as well..

Perhaps the adapter that replaces the battery and the cable are lighter than the original battery. This would reduce load on the motors and heat.

Sure. But I can't imagine 150 ft of even light gauge insulated wire weighing THAT much less than a battery.

I don't know though. I'm just guessing.

Strange in my experience the smaller the gauge of wire would cause a significant drop off in volts over the length they state in their spec, I cant imagine them selecting any thing other than copper core cable due to the lowest resistance copper offers, I could foresee the cable itself getting warm or even hot in use.

Sure. But I can't imagine 150 ft of even light gauge insulated wire weighing THAT much less than a battery.

I don't know though. I'm just guessing.
Me too. My motors get hot flying in the 80's and 90's here and extra weight would make it worse.

Thanks for reaching out - the bundled kit will cost between $3,500 - $4,500 depending on the options, and the tether alone will cost about $2,000 and shipping before the end of the year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval