Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

International parts availability

Reaction score
I have wondered quite a bit about the discrepancy of the different parts offered for the Typhoon H in different countries and the prices charged for them. , many parts are available in one country but not offered anywhere else. Many necessary or useful items just cannot be found without resorting to imports from abroad.

As an example let us consider the landing strut level, part # YUNTHY131

yuntyh131.jpg

In most case when the landing gear motor breaks it is this part. Replacing it is quite simple and while slightly more complicated, much cheaper than replacing the entire motor assembly. This part can be bought in Germany, the Czech Republic and Poland but as far as I can tell not in France, Italy, The UK or the USA.

Though many parts like propellers, camera mount plates and folding arm brackets are very close in price no matter where you buy them, other parts are available worldwide but the price differs HUGELY.

As an example the landing strut, YUNTYH110.

Next to the props this is probably the part of the Typhoon H damaged most often.

typoon strut.png

Now Vertigo and many other US shop offers this part for around the $10-$15 mark, give or take. I find this to be a quite fair price and would be willing to simply toss the broken strut and spend the $10 to replace the whole thing. Now move to Germany and this part will cost you about $35... Ok taxes and local profit margins yada yada yada. But now go next door to Holland or Belgium and these two bits of carbon fiber tube with a bit of plastic will run you $55-$60. Is it me, or is someone trying to drill me a new one? One meter of 12mm carbon tube will give me enough material for 6 new upper leg struts for about $16. But I really hate having to play Scrooge abut I wish that there was more continuity in the price of some items and a little less gouging by European dealers.

I have wondered quite a bit about the discrepancy of the different parts offered for the Typhoon H in different countries and the prices charged for them. , many parts are available in one country but not offered anywhere else. Many necessary or useful items just cannot be found without resorting to imports from abroad.

As an example let us consider the landing strut level, part # YUNTHY131

View attachment 5902

In most case when the landing gear motor breaks it is this part. Replacing it is quite simple and while slightly more complicated, much cheaper than replacing the entire motor assembly. This part can be bought in Germany, the Czech Republic and Poland but as far as I can tell not in France, Italy, The UK or the USA.

Though many parts like propellers, camera mount plates and folding arm brackets are very close in price no matter where you buy them, other parts are available worldwide but the price differs HUGELY.

As an example the landing strut, YUNTYH110.

Next to the props this is probably the part of the Typhoon H damaged most often.

View attachment 5903

Now Vertigo and many other US shop offers this part for around the $10-$15 mark, give or take. I find this to be a quite fair price and would be willing to simply toss the broken strut and spend the $10 to replace the whole thing. Now move to Germany and this part will cost you about $35... Ok taxes and local profit margins yada yada yada. But now go next door to Holland or Belgium and these two bits of carbon fiber tube with a bit of plastic will run you $55-$60. Is it me, or is someone trying to drill me a new one? One meter of 12mm carbon tube will give me enough material for 6 new upper leg struts for about $16. But I really hate having to play Scrooge abut I wish that there was more continuity in the price of some items and a little less gouging by European dealers.
I have found, that if I have the part number, Yuneec USA will sell it. I rattled off a pile of numbers when I was ordering parts from them. The girl on the phone looked them all up and gave me prices. Perhaps it is true, that there are some parts only available at the retail level.

Give or take a few cents in the USA, I have found the prices to be about the same no matter where you try to source them from.
For me usually boils down to speed and cost of shipment.
Juat about everyone has the same parts, deciphering the part numbers is the hard part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace