Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Invert Channels?

Reaction score
Hi there

For once an easy question (at least I hope so..)

Is there a possibility to invert channels in the ST16?
I used to fly heli and did always invert the gear channel (mode 2). I did the same with my dji- but could not do it on the st16...

Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot, cheers
Ned

Is there a possibility to invert channels in the ST16?
A word of caution. The ST16 may be a little different from other controllers you are familiar with. Most importantly, the changes you make in channel settings do NOT show up on the "Hardware Monitor". This had led to several crashes. It's very easy to mix channels on an ST16 without even knowing you have done it.
There is a second display on ST16 that does show the inversion/mixing/expos and everything else done in channel settings. It's sometimes referred to as the "Final Output Display" since it is a collection of the individual "Final output monitors" found in channel settings. It is invoked by doing a quick double tap of the volts Icon. The display shows what is actually leaving the controller on the way to the aircraft.
If interested in more detail, please see Attachment 37 (ST16 Signal Processing Overview) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project

Reactions: Nedemis
A word of caution. The ST16 may be a little different from other controllers you are familiar with. Most importantly, the changes you make in channel settings do NOT show up on the "Hardware Monitor". This had led to several crashes. It's very easy to mix channels on an ST16 without even knowing you have done it.
There is a second display on ST16 that does show the inversion/mixing/expos and everything else done in channel settings. It's sometimes referred to as the "Final Output Display" since it is a collection of the individual "Final output monitors" found in channel settings. It is invoked by doing a quick double tap of the volts Icon. The display shows what is actually leaving the controller on the way to the aircraft.
If interested in more detail, please see Attachment 37 (ST16 Signal Processing Overview) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project
Thank you for the advice! I like the WTFDP...They should put in on their download list- not that crap of official manual...

Yes.
Advanced mode on in system settings.
Channel settings. Down left corner "inverse".
I am sorry- to supid for this. Where are the system setings in the device? I have the menu "general", but there is no Advanced mode slider. Neither in the andriod settings...I have the Data Pilot Vs 1.7.175 I think it's once more the H520RTK witch is different...

Its actually the ST16E...but same problem probably
ST16E is for 520E. Sorry, no channel settings, so no easy way to do the task.

I hadn't ST16E to take a look inside the files. ST16 costs around $100 or less. ST16E is $700-800 or more, I'm not sure. Just buy one standard ST16 if the design suits you.

Just for curiosity, I'd like to ask you what kind of flight controller you're using with this station for your hellicopter?

Reactions: Nedemis
ST16E is for 520E. Sorry, no channel settings, so no easy way to do the task.

I hadn't ST16E to take a look inside the files. ST16 costs around $100 or less. ST16E is $700-800 or more, I'm not sure. Just buy one standard ST16 if the design suits you.

Just for curiosity, I'd like to ask you what kind of flight controller you're using with this station for your hellicopter?
Ok thanks- Weird, that the semi-professional Station is not able to provide this simple task...

I do fly my copter with a spectrum Transmitter- not with the ST16...Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

And how do you plan to use any of the ST's with your receiver and FC?

And how do you plan to use any of the ST's with your receiver and FC?
Thats not my intention. I'll fly my copter further more with my Spectrum, and the H520 with the ST16. There is no mix up. I'll just start to learn to fly the drone with the not inverted channel- but thats no big deal...

In this case, please define what you mean with the "inverted channel" sentence.

Different mode of sricks or what?

For example: If I push the right stick right, the drone turns right. In the inverted mode, I push the right stick right, the drone turns left.

I like to do that for the yaw channel (that turns the nose of the drone in either direction (like the pedals in a plane oder copter).

But it seems that thats not possible with my ST16E...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval