Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IPS? And won't land

Reaction score
flew indoors today at an abandoned factory, first session was in a old garage/receiving space I would guess . The roof was open except for the framing . GPS was good did four passes back and forth no problem except when I tried to land. The h was solid as a rock lol would not deviate form its elevation no matter what so I reached up and caught it. Any ideas?? Second session was inside an old dock off the river, switched of GPS is ips a default or do I have to engage it?? It seemed to track Better where the was more light so maybe that means it was active.

I am not sure how IPS works either. When I power up copter inside my house GPS can't find any satellites but everytime gives green READY for the GPS. Not sure what this means, is is IPS ready or what ?

I am not sure how IPS works either. When I power up copter inside my house GPS can't find any satellites but everytime gives green READY for the GPS. Not sure what this means, is is IPS ready or what ?
Yeah it's a bit confusing. There is a ton of functionality but no clear instructions.

Just called yuneec, nice guy named Axel told me that the real sense avoids in smartmode only and in angle mode the real sense, ips and sonar are working in conjunction. It will not avoid but will stop a collision from occurring and can operate at higher speeds then sonar alone would work. GPS off and the ips works but no real sense helping. I also snuck in a question about a new camera in the works and he brought up the thermal.i asked again about anything besides the thermal and he said no. I'm sure he can't speak on anything but it was worth a shot really awesome getting a polite person in under 3 minutes.

to enable/activate IPS I had to put the OBS Avoid switch in the central position. With motors OFF and the Typhoon on the ground put the left altitude control in the bottom left corner, Now with the Flight mode switch in the central position toggle it up/down 4 times or until you hear a beep from the Typhoon, on the handset you should now see a range gate with red border.

When you start the motors the Typhoon will show IPS in the top right where it is showing Ready prior to flight. GPS remains turned ON but due to the toggle cycle is shows ).000 / 0.000 in the position but continues to display 'Ready'

If anyone else is doing it a different way please reply to this as I am yet to try it indoors but this was what yuneec UK told me today. I have tested it in as far as getting IPS to show but need to find a large open indoor space.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval