Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is 4k60 video different from 1/2.3" CMOS vs 1"CMOS?

@YuKay, did your bird arrive?
Sadly, no. The tracking status hasn't changed in four days:

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 08.04.04.png

I called the UK handlers, ParcelForce, and they told me it had been driven to their hub in Coventry, about 100 miles north of here which I gather is their customs clearing facility.

It's a shame because we're due a week of lovely flying weather before the onset of winter.

I guess I'll just have to read the manual again.

Finally, delivery is tomorrow. I had to pay $35 for some charges (not sure what for exactly) but I guess it could have been worse. But it has taken three weeks so I would not recommend using the USPS/Parcelforce combination unless you have a much longer life expectancy than I do.

And, of course, the weather here is changing tomorrow to wet and very windy for the foreseeable future - after weeks of perfect flying weather. We call that Sod's Law.

Reactions: rdonson
Really looking forward to you videos. I did some viewing of the YouTube videos from that bird and the edges seem to have a drop off in sharpness. May have just been the ones I saw.

Really looking forward to you videos. I did some viewing of the YouTube videos from that bird and the edges seem to have a drop off in sharpness. May have just been the ones I saw.
I looked at hundreds of Youtube videos and a good number of downloaded source footage files (mostly 4k60) before concluding that I preferred the video quality, including sharpness, of the EVO. If anything, I thought that the H Plus video was over-sharpened in the camera resulting in more pronounced halo artifacts on hard edges against light backgrounds. And I thought it possible that this sharpening may have contributed to what I thought was excessive antialiasing in the H Plus footage in general. The EVO footage seemed to me to be more natural, contain fewer artifacts and less noise - but if I now find that my footage needs some sharpening in post then I can apply it where needed. OTOH, there's almost nothing I can do to fix an over-sharpened video in post.

The H Plus footage was invariably superior in terms of colour depth and richness; was less likely to include a propellor and benefited from a more agile gimbal (albeit the main reason that I didn't buy an H Plus at this time was the stuttering pans which I found too distracting). Time will surely fix the things I didn't like; and when it does, I will buy an H Plus.

I looked at hundreds of Youtube videos and a good number of downloaded source footage files (mostly 4k60) before concluding that I preferred the video quality, including sharpness, of the EVO. … the H Plus video was over-sharpened in the camera resulting in more pronounced halo artifacts on hard edges against light backgrounds. And I thought it possible that this sharpening may have contributed to what I thought was excessive antialiasing in the H Plus footage in general....
I have this same issue. I thought it was me overcorrecting in post; still learning, and I suppose will be learning for quite a while.

Hopefully today was a good flight day for you!

I have this same issue. I thought it was me overcorrecting in post; still learning, and I suppose will be learning for quite a while.

Hopefully today was a good flight day for you!
I wish. Too windy for my maiden flight: I need all the elements and all the Gods on my side. Looks like I will have to wait until next week.

I wish. Too windy for my maiden flight: I need all the elements and all the Gods on my side. Looks like I will have to wait until next week.
Hay, you should hop a flight to the US Pacific Northwest. We are having a run of beautiful fall sunshine.

Reactions: YuKay
Where are you in the PNW? I spent 9 years in Hood River, OR, and Bingen, WA. When the weather there is good it’s great but when it gets bad you may not get to fly for weeks at a time.

[QUOTE="YuKay, post: 154423, member: 12971"The EVO footage seemed to me to be more natural, contain fewer artifacts and less noise.[/QUOTE]
Is this EVO 4k60 footage of some stunning Montana landscape not extraordinary? I haven't seen anything to beat its detail, clarity and lack of noise/antialising - and tree foliage is so difficult to capture cleanly with a moving camera…

Reactions: rdonson
Where are you in the PNW? I spent 9 years in Hood River, OR, and Bingen, WA. When the weather there is good it’s great but when it gets bad you may not get to fly for weeks at a time.
Sorry for not replying sooner. I'm in the Auburn WA area. I flew a few sites along the Columbia River. Great scenery!
Have you seen all the wind turbines along the Columbia river now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my