Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is CCC more precise than UAV Toolbox?

I was hoping to stitch parallel flight paths together to get an over all look at a large area. Looks like I am out of luck with my H.

Yo Air!

I have used UAV Toolbox to manually create grids for three separate flight segments, covering a large area too large to fly on one battery. Stitching together with Microsoft ICE worked quite nicely. (500 - 900 images, if I recall correctly.)

Jeff

Exactly. The challenge with the Typhoon flight controller is that the parameters used are not published anywhere, so had to be estimated by flying quite a few CCC missions to test the different behaviours. In the case of the Typhoon, the change is continuous and the distance is weighted according to the distance between waypoints. So if you want to do a tight turn, put two waypoints close together to tighten up the curve.
Tuna, in your example of 4 waypoints in a square resulting in a circular flight path in CCC. Wouldn't the path be a bit more like a water droplet? Since the first and last waypoints are not directly connected, how can it create a continuous curved path through them? I might be picking at nits here. Just curious.

Maybe you will find this tool useful for area mapping (provides mapping grid):
Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H
I just created 9 CCC missions with it today, as it is the only editor I know that is able to create those scan type patterns.
Are there instructions on using this planner? I have yet to figure out what the finger pointing icon is supposed to do and when I try overlaying the grid pattern I have yet to be able to modify it, i.e. Number of legs, leg length, width between legs, etc. Any suggestions appreciated.

The finger icon is the select tool. It will allow you to select a way point or POI that is already on the map so you can edit or delete it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold