Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is H+ available with 14mm cam?

Reaction score
I want a H+ and a 14mm cam, is that possible? What cams are available with H+ ?

Last edited:
You mean the CGO3+ which was used on the Typhoon H? No, it is not compatible anymore since it was replaced by the C23, which is a way better camera anyways.

Since the sensor of the CGO3+ measures only 2/3" and the sensor of the C23 1" the effective focal length is rougly the same.

You mean the CGO3+ which was used on the Typhoon H? No, it is not compatible anymore since it was replaced by the C23, which is a way better camera anyways.

Since the sensor of the CGO3+ measures only 2/3" and the sensor of the C23 1" the effective focal length is rougly the same.
Hi, Thanx its far from 14mm that I need when talking about 23mm.

Have a look at this video:

The CGO3+ is on the left the C23 on the right. There is a noticable difference but for the most purposes I would prefer the C23 over the CGO3.

Why do you need exactly 14mm?

Reactions: rdonson
Have a look at this video:

The CGO3+ is on the left the C23 on the right. There is a noticable difference but for the most purposes I would prefer the C23 over the CGO3.

Why do you need exactly 14mm?

Hi, I need a wideangle (like the 14mm I have now cause I very often have assignments of farms etc... Photo2be business card and fly at max allowed 400ft / 122m.
I don't want to go higher because lots of commercial air traffic. So to the point: How wide, compered to the H 14mm is the H+?

NB!! You don´t see the difference in lens width in the video!!? Just quality or colour....

Last edited:
The CGO3 has a FOV of 94° while the C23 has 91°. That means in theory you should be able to see an area with a width of 261,66m using the CGO3+ and 248,3m using the C23. Both while flying your maximum hight of 122m and camera facing straight down. As you see the difference is not that big.

The CGO3 has a FOV of 94° while the C23 has 91°. That means in theory you should be able to see an area with a width of 261,66m using the CGO3+ and 248,3m using the C23. Both while flying your maximum hight of 122m and camera facing straight down. As you see the difference is not that big.
Aha...thanx Jannish... I belive what you say, no doubt. As pro still photographer I ask myself how could it be that close when you go från 14mm to 23mm...? Is that because of lack of extention factor when going to "fullzise" = 1 inch sensor.

Take into account the C23 images are much sharper, 20mp compared to12mp.
Now from what I've heard the C23 jpeg images suck, so all your single shots need to be in RAW.

Take into account the C23 images are much sharper, 20mp compared to12mp.
Now from what I've heard the C23 jpeg images suck, so all your single shots need to be in RAW.
Usually to 98% I use video and take out frames for stills! Works great, customers happy... Do you mean or have heard (from where?) that C23 has less quality then CGO3+??
I still want to straighten out this: As pro still photographer I ask myself how could it be that close when you go från 14mm to 23mm...? Is that because of lack of extention factor when going to "fullzise" = 1 inch sensor. BTW , Megapixel is not a measurment for quality.

Ty Pilot mentioned jpeg isn't really great on the C23.

Yes I saw that, but less sharp than CGO3+?? And why should a RAW be sharper than a JPG, its the same lens. You mean that the SW i s a problem with C23?
And who can answer this: As pro still photographer I ask myself how could it be that close ea when you go från 14mm to 23mm...? Is that because of lack of extention factor when going to "fullzise" = 1 inch sensor.

That you will have to ask TY Pilot about the jpeg issue.
The C23 camera video is much sharper. Meant to say "video"
As we know RAW needs post production work, so initially it looks flat. but after post production in Lightroom.... wala.

As pro still photographer I ask myself how could it be that close when you go från 14mm to 23mm...? Is that because of lack of extention factor when going to "fullzise" = 1 inch sensor.

That is a really good question. I think the difference in overlap ist quiet large with these small sensors, which might result might distort the numbers. You might have a look on the data sheets of the sensors. The CGO3 uses a Sony IMX377 while the C23 is likely to use an IMX183. Not sure about the last one since there is no official statement. The Phantom 4 as well as the Yuneec E90 are using them so I would wonder if the C23 does not.

I just found a source stating the CGO3 has a FOV of 115° while Yuneec says it is 94°. I hope Yuneec knows facts about their products.

BTW , Megapixel is not a measurment for quality.

I do not consider this an accurate statement... Megapixels do equal quality, since the more pixels that create a raw file, directly relate to the resolution capabilities of the final image.

However, I think what you were trying to relay, is that megapixels alone are not the only factor in describing the inherent quality of any single camera or sensor. To answer your question, the C23 has the following advantages over the CGO3+ camera:

1) Greater number of pixels in the final image in photo mode.

2) The same max resolution of video at 4K, but with a max frame rate of 60 FPS... this may not seem to make much of a difference, but it does allow for you to use a 1 f-stop higher setting in shutter speed, when targeting that smooth cinematic formula of 2X the frame rate... which could make the difference in lower light situations.

3) One of the known shortcomings of the CGO series of cameras is a subpar dynamic range of the sensor. The C23 sensor has a far superior dynamic range, which significantly improves both video and photo output.

4) The lens in the C23 is sharper than the CGO series... evidenced by that fact that one year after release, no third party manufacturer has come out with a OEM replacement lens.

5) Specific to photos, the C23 has a classic 35mm 2:3 image ratio... so the proportions between video and photo modes are much more comparable.

I have two TH480 birds and therefore two CGO3+ cameras. One of the cameras is noticeably sharper than the other. Even after applying the commands to the camera to increase sharpness. This was most likely due to the variability at the Yuneec factory for focusing the lenses.

Megapixels are not the end all be all. A great deal depends on the sensor and the size of the sensor. Packing more pixels on small sensors isn't likely to yield better resolving power unless there is a really good lens and really great software in the camera. Smaller pixels will inherently decrease light sensitivity and increase noise.

As noted, the C23 has a larger sensor than the CGO3+. That difference is significant. You wouldn't want to compare the 1" sensor results to a Sony A7R3 for example.

There is a lot of magic that can be accomplished by in camera software for creating JPEGs and video. The disappointing JPEGs in the C23 is likely due to the lack of attention on Yuneec's part. It's been shown repeatedly that the DNG (RAW) stills from the C23 are quite good thus a telling sign that the sensor and lens are not the issue. It's the software that creates the JPGs in camera.

Reactions: LinsonW
In my experience when going from a lower megapixel camera to a higher megapixel one the shutter speed greatly influences the quality/Sharpness of the image. For example I use a higher shutter speed on my D850=36Mp than my D3 =12Mp for a clean image..
Regards.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcojanson67