Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is it just me?

Reaction score
I just took a wonderful flight at 6:00 am and it is until 10 nice and cool before the Missouri heat greets us here. I Really love the idea of the whole set up with the q500 and the "h'. The fact that there are real propellers instead of the foldable feathers. The fact that a phone isn't needed and it looks like a real craft. Of course the foldable drones are the practical and best choice now but I still prefer the old over the new.

Nope, it's not just you. ;)Every time I set up my Mavic 2 Pro, I am just shaking my head - tiny little controller with a stupid cell phone! Really? In the 21st century? 🤣

But finally those 'other guys' are realizing that integrated controllers are what everyone wants. And we've had that for years. Long live the Typhoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So well put...the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k (lol...what a big name to match the big quadcopter) feels and looks like a real aircraft. Flying it is a lost art (these days). I also feel *still* there's something special about the CGO3 camera. That and gimbal are unique (no pun intended). I can tell the footage comes from a Q500. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. It's not at all a small drone... but it doesn't have NEAR the same feel as my Q500. I have two Q's and I will never get rid of them. This thing is completely impractical - I have a DJI Mini 2 that, by specs alone, flies rings around this big ole bird....but it's not the same. Not even close.

So well put...the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k (lol...what a big name to match the big quadcopter) feels and looks like a real aircraft. Flying it is a lost art (these days). I also feel *still* there's something special about the CGO3 camera. That and gimbal are unique (no pun intended). I can tell the footage comes from a Q500. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. It's not at all a small drone... but it doesn't have NEAR the same feel as my Q500. I have two Q's and I will never get rid of them. This thing is completely impractical - I have a DJI Mini 2 that, by specs alone, flies rings around this big ole bird....but it's not the same. Not even close.
I totally agree with you. I have a q500+ and aq500, neither are 4k,fine with me. Both q500's draw a crowd when I go by the beaches. I have an H pro that I am still trying to figure out how to make all the options work for me. My first Q has been apart three times, ya lots of crashing before I found this site 4 yrs. ago. All is good ,keep having fun. Peace K.C.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval