Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a gps locator to attach to the drone to help find it

Reaction score
I'm just wondering is there a gps locater to help find your drone should it go down

This might be a start as to what to search for:

It's not a GPS system though. I had also looked into these, but it mostly relies on line of sight to get range. There are actual GPS systems on Amazon that would do the trick. They all rely on a cell signal or GPS satellite to get the job done. Personally I would rather use GPS vs Marco.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Actually you have some kind of GPS locator build in. All the Logs are stored on the remote (at least in case of Yuneec products), which means you can access an approximate location based on the last known position. Since drones have poor gliding abilities, the last known position tends to be very close to the crash site.

I use trackmo its is 5.00$ a month for the service it cost me 60.00 on ebay to buy it works fine i have not had to use it yet

You could also get UAV Toolbox (search this forum) for the ST16. It's an app you can load.that will play back video and also your flight path on a satellite map so you can see right where it was when contact was lost.

Reactions: Murray Martz
Actually you have some kind of GPS locator build in. All the Logs are stored on the remote (at least in case of Yuneec products), which means you can access an approximate location based on the last known position. Since drones have poor gliding abilities, the last known position tends to be very close to the crash site.
A gps device on the drone can be followed on google maps on your phone since there is no maps on the controller live ,

That's not fair to " One eyed jack"
No one said the world was fair. In reality, One Eyed Jack has no depth perception. This would make flying difficult as well as dangerous, and make finding a downed aircraft even more so since he is lacking any ability to triangulate. If Mr. Jack were responsible he would find other hobbies and not fly a drone. So in the interest of fairness -and public safety, we need to leave Mr. Jack out of this discussion, and hope the FAA can come up with a mechanism to keep One Eyed Jack and other cyclopes from ever obtaining an RC aircraft of any kind!

No one said the world was fair. In reality, One Eyed Jack has no depth perception. This would make flying difficult as well as dangerous, and make finding a downed aircraft even more so since he is lacking any ability to triangulate. If Mr. Jack were responsible he would find other hobbies and not fly a drone. So in the interest of fairness -and public safety, we need to leave Mr. Jack out of this discussion, and hope the FAA can come up with a mechanism to keep One Eyed Jack and other cyclopes from ever obtaining an RC aircraft of any kind!
Working with the disabled I find that offensive what you said! It was a little jest,

I find that offensive what you said!
I was merely jesting with your jest. You might want to stay off social media and not leave your safe place if you found that offensive. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimmie
I was merely jesting with your jest. You might want to stay off social media and not leave your safe place if you found that offensive. :rolleyes:
I'm afraid none of us have a safe place in life, perhaps when we've gone on then were safe.

Of course your just jesting because anyone knows that a 2 eyed bandit is more dangerous than a one eyed one lol now back to reality , actually unless a person just lost a eye ,a one eyed jack has every bit the eye sight needed to fly a drone as one with 2 eyes in the type drones we are talking about here , if your talking racing drones flown by eye sight that could be a different story,,
Your absolutely correct it's not a fair world and the big guns like Amazon, Fedex ,DHl are all going to push for stringent regulations and you can bet a penny to a dollar that little part 107 is going to be obsolete, it will require a eye test and a driving test , insurance to a set minimum and that certainly will rival auto rates and also unlike cars there will be a built in GPS locator device, not to mention the hoops you will have to jump through to fly commercialy this is all not if but when ,,,

Last edited:
Of course your just jesting because anyone knows that a 2 eyed bandit is more dangerous than a one eyed one lol now back to reality , actually unless a person just lost a eye ,a one eyed jack has every bit the eye sight needed to fly a drone as one with 2 eyes in the type drones we are talking about here , if your talking racing drones flown by eye sight that could be a different story,,
Your absolutely correct it's not a fair world and the big guns like Amazon, Fedex ,DHl are all going to push for stringent regulations and you can bet a penny to a dollar that little part 107 is going to be obsolete, it will require a eye test and a driving test , insurance to a set minimum and that certainly will rival auto rates and also unlike cars there will be a built in GPS locator device, not to mention the hoops you will have to jump through to fly commercialy this is all not if but when ,,,
I think you'll find organisations like Amazon don't have eyes, they are completely blinded by profit at any expense/cost, and whatever it takes to dominate.

• Love
And all because everyone wanted, and wants, easy. As for the one eye thing, it’s extremely difficult for a person with only one functioning eye to obtain a full scale pilot certificate. It may well be disqualifying.

A gps device on the drone can be followed on google maps on your phone since there is no maps on the controller live ,
9Rock,
You put the co-ordinances off the St16 into your phone and hit position and follow to the last known position. With the money you save from not purchseing all the other stuff, you can buy some water or beer to celebrate when you find it. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval