Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a way to charge the battery via USB power?

dv8

Reaction score
Hello Breeze pilots!, over the weekend I finally had a chance to fly my drone.

It's battery was having the blue flashing issue but I was able to bring it back via USB charging following your helps!

But I think the battery was damaged as it dropped to 17% only after 5 minutes of flight... so I ordered another battery.

My question is, is there a way to charge the battery via USB power packs instead of the wall outlet? If possible, this would allow me to fly the drone several times a day out in the park.

thanks!

Get an inverter that plugs into a 12V socket in your vehicle. You can then run the OEM charger from that.

Reactions: WTFDproject
USB charging can be boosted from 5 volt to your battery. However there will be a considerable amount of losses.
To boost convert a 10 watt USB charger to your charge voltage could be a cost from 5% up to 25% depending on your boost converter efficiency. Some USB chargers can be up to 20 watts. So to be clear look at your watt hour rating on the battery, and there is some math to use.

Not to be too sharp on the point,... expect to take 120% of capacity to input to reach a full charge from 0% battery on lithium batteries.

So conclusion is that if you have a 200 watt hour battery on a 10 watt charger it is possible that a full charge would take more than 22 hours.

It is expensive and impractical to charge a flight battery from a USB charging port.

The earlier mention of using an inverter to use your AC charger is much more likely, and practical.

USB charging can be boosted from 5 volt to your battery. However there will be a considerable amount of losses.
To boost convert a 10 watt USB charger to your charge voltage could be a cost from 5% up to 25% depending on your boost converter efficiency. Some USB chargers can be up to 20 watts. So to be clear look at your watt hour rating on the battery, and there is some math to use.

Not to be too sharp on the point,... expect to take 120% of capacity to input to reach a full charge from 0% battery on lithium batteries.

So conclusion is that if you have a 200 watt hour battery on a 10 watt charger it is possible that a full charge would take more than 22 hours.

It is expensive and impractical to charge a flight battery from a USB charging port.

The earlier mention of using an inverter to use your AC charger is much more likely, and practical.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was hoping I might somehow use the USB power banks laying around. And since I won't be near a car or an outlet , my only option would be additional batteries at this point.

thanks guys!

Try Ebay search key "lithium power station"
Or " Power Bank DC/AC Portable Power Inverter"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis