Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a way to turn off/redirect recording images and video on the STS16

Reaction score
I had an issue today that caused my controller to fail during flight, and boot loop the FlightMode 2.0 app because my controller ran out of space from all the images and recordings it stores. I had to shut off the controller and reboot it while the drone performed a RTH due to loss of RC Link. Is a cleaning of the files required for me to perform after each flights or do you guys just push it off to the SD Card after a flight to make sure space is available for Android and FlightMode to run?

Screenshot_2018-10-07-21-31-33.png

You should not need to delete anything. The system is set up to remove older entries when the amount of storage allocation for a particular folder has been reached. The newer entries simply overwrite the oldest files. That should preserve sufficient memory space for system operations.

I had an issue today that caused my controller to fail during flight, and boot loop the FlightMode 2.0 app because my controller ran out of space from all the images and recordings it stores. I had to shut off the controller and reboot it while the drone performed a RTH due to loss of RC Link. Is a cleaning of the files required for me to perform after each flights or do you guys just push it off to the SD Card after a flight to make sure space is available for Android and FlightMode to run?

View attachment 11814
I read somewhere that when you format the SD card the controller should delete the corresponding files on the ST16. But never seen mine doing this. I usually just delete them manually from the image view inside the flightapp after formatting the SD before the next flight. It is also much easier to preview newer files if all the previous recordings are removed.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Likewise, I use the same method of removing all media after every flight. The ST16s doesn’t allow you to set an automatic parameter to clear media cache, fearing that this slows down the startup.

Likewise, I use the same method of removing all media after every flight. The ST16s doesn’t allow you to set an automatic parameter to clear media cache, fearing that this slows down the startup.

Well, with me and the situation I had happen. It didn't slow down startup, it crashed FlightMode 2.0 and then the whole android system processes began to fail systematically till I powered down while in flight because it ran out of space lol. You'd think they would have a feature for this to prevent that from happening but there's a lot of things I'm discovering with Yuneec that shoulda/coulda but never happened.

Well, with me and the situation I had happen. It didn't slow down startup, it crashed FlightMode 2.0 and then the whole android system processes began to fail systematically till I powered down while in flight because it ran out of space lol. You'd think they would have a feature for this to prevent that from happening but there's a lot of things I'm discovering with Yuneec that shoulda/coulda but never happened.

I experienced that yesterday, ST16s rebooted. I was trying out the “Journey” (useless feature) when I hit start the controller rebooted for 4sec, it took me to the main screen, then to the fight monitor. On the flight log, it didn’t indicate RC Loss

While this post might be dead, I would like to ask a similar question... all of my JPEG and DNG files are being loaded to the camera SD while some useless PNG files are loaded to the controller. I do not even need the PNG's.

Is there any way to remove this setting? I know the location of the files in the directory, but this is just an extra step and if 4K video is considered, then we are in serious trouble.

Too bad root isn't possible...

There is no need to remove any files on the ST16. They are archive files. When they reach the max limit set by the software, the older files will be overwritten by the newer ones. All of the picture and video files stored on the ST16 are quite small. The high resolution is only recorded to the sd card in the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval