Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Yuneec the only one?

Reaction score
Is Yuneec the only copter manufacturer that has a hexacopter that is under the $1500 price tag?

Yuneec is probably the only one with a Hex, HD camera, and an awesome controller for $1300.

Yes at the moment. But I bet others will join the band wagon soon !
So far I don't see anyone coming close to this. A little over a year ago the Q500 was selling for this price. The technology in the ST16 is cutting edge for this industry. The app for the P4 isn't in the same league and is reported to have a lot of glitches by the owners. Other than DJI, I don't see any companies with the R&D capabilities to put something on the market. Gopro pulled the plug on their Karma and 3DR is getting out of the drone business.
If Yuneec had decided to sell the H with an app and you had to provide your own notepad, it probably could chop off $300-400. The ST16 sets it apart from anything I've seen.

Is Yuneec the only copter manufacturer that has a hexacopter that is under the $1500 price tag?

There are many hex's that cost more because they needed the extra power and size to carry
better cameras and batteries for longer flight time.

I never owned a hex so not sure if it handles any better.
A lot of the video's I have seen of the H I see the props in the picture even more
so than a quad so they appear to tilt more.

I guess the question is 6 smaller motors better than 4 bigger ones.
Battery and flight time seem about the same.

Looks like the H has arrived at some dealers so looking forward to some reviews from
everyday users.

There are many hex's that cost more because they needed the extra power and size to carry
better cameras and batteries for longer flight time.

I never owned a hex so not sure if it handles any better.
A lot of the video's I have seen of the H I see the props in the picture even more
so than a quad so they appear to tilt more.

I guess the question is 6 smaller motors better than 4 bigger ones.
Battery and flight time seem about the same.

Looks like the H has arrived at some dealers so looking forward to some reviews from
everyday users.
In order to travel at faster speed any uav needs to tilt more. Aggressive flying will get props in the camera in any nimble platform.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone