Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Itelite antenna

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my wi fi antenna to an itelite. It's supposed to double if not triple my distance and improve video quality. I have seen no improvement. Was wondering if I need to so a software update to the camer, controller, or typhoon or all 3. All the reviews were excellent for the itelite.

I had the same problem. You do not need to do an update. You need to make sure your 5.8 wire is not touching the GPS wires. Basically you can't run the wire through the same routing the stock wire was. If you run it on either side of the of the GPS modual. After I had spoken with Carolina Drones about the same issue I re-routed the wire and I have seen a significant improvement.

I had the same problem. You do not need to do an update. You need to make sure your 5.8 wire is not touching the GPS wires. Basically you can't run the wire through the same routing the stock wire was. If you run it on either side of the of the GPS modual. After I had spoken with Carolina Drones about the same issue I re-routed the wire and I have seen a significant improvement.
Thanks a lot. Just didn't make sence. All the reviews were great. Thanks again. I'll let u no if that worked.

I have the same problem I did not get any more distance
Frank from Carolina is looking at this for me. I'll let you know
what happens

I have the same problem I did not get any more distance
Frank from Carolina is looking at this for me. I'll let you know
what happens
I was told if the 5.8 wire is touching the wifI wire it won't work right. I rerouted the wire and I still don't see much of an improvement.

Heard nothing but great reviews about this antenna. Easy install I made sure the wifi wire is not touching the other wires and I still can't take it out further than 1500 ft without losing wifi. Not only am I losing wifi I'm losing gps also. Getting scary. Lost signal at 600 ft. Earlier today. Original setup worked a lot better. I have had to do something wrong as I hear nothing but GREAT reviews. Need help

I made sure the wire wasn't touching and calibrated it and honestly it's getting worse. I'm losing gps signal everytime I loose wifi now. Lost wifi at 600 ft earlier today. Not sure what to do. Might send it to Carolina dronz. They said they would look at it.

the itelite antenna. I am thinking of taking it off and going back to the
original so I can fit the radio back in the case

the itelite antenna. I am thinking of taking it off and going back to the
original so I can fit the radio back in the case
Carolina dronz called back. They said my WiFi wire connector was bad. They were supposed to take it out for a flight today weather permitting. Hope that does the trick.

I don't think you did anything wrong.I have the same problem.
It does not work any better then the original set up.

If anyone is interested in one of these let me know I went back to the
original set up.Just did not work for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval