Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Itelite DBS Extender

Reaction score
Logically I see no reason why the range extender I installed on one of the ST16's shouldn't work just as well on the ST16S but I have to ask you guys before connecting it up lol

2 times 2.4 GHz and 1 by 5 GHz (which I assume is actually 5.8).... no potential problem?

Logically I see no reason why the range extender I installed on one of the ST16's shouldn't work just as well on the ST16S but I have to ask you guys before connecting it up lol
2 times 2.4 GHz and 1 by 5 GHz (which I assume is actually 5.8).... no potential problem?
It should work just fine.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Thank you Steve.

For some reason my post appeared twice at different times?

Still have to work that one out lol
I can confrim that 4Hawks one does work. so I would beleive the DBS wouls as well.
HOWEVER the mounting is NOT COMPATABLE. I had to modify the 4Hawks to get it to "sorta" attach.
Im sure they will make a new mount soon.

I have a question about the range extender I just bought. It also is an ITELITE DBS. I bought it as it was listed for use with an ST24. When I rec'd it, as I was afraid, it had two inputs for the 2.4 gHz antennas and the ST24 of course has one 2.4 antenna. I am assuming that this will probably not make a lot of difference. I am also a ham radio op but without a schematic its difficult to tell. I assume (here I go again) that the 2.4 antennas on the extender are two separate antennas and not run in parallel or series so it should not matter. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have a quesition about the range extender I just bought. It also is an ITELITE DBS. I bought it as it was listed for use with an ST24. When I rec'd it, as I was afraid, it had two inputs for the 2.4 gHz antennas and the ST24 of course has one 2.4 antenna. I am assuming that this will probably not make a lot of difference. I am also a ham radio op but without a schematic its difficult to tell. I assume (here I go again) that the 2.4 antennas on the extender are two separate antennas and not run in parallel or series so it should not matter. Any thoughts?
Not sure which model of Itelite that you have but generally the two outside antennas are 2.4 and the center antenna is 5.8 GHz for the video signal. If there are 3 sma connectors there are 3 antennas inside the shell.

Pretty much as I figured. After posting this, I found a thread with some interior shots of the antenna with the cover removed. Does appear to be 3 distinct antennas. That being the case, the other 2.4 antenna should make little/no difference.
Model # is ITE-DBS05.6B

Reactions: Steve Carr
If you have an ST24 with just two connections then you will only use one of the 2.4 antennas on the Itelite. I suspect the ST24 can be modified to remove the 3rd antenna from inside the controller to the outside with a sma connector. That was a mod often done on the early ST16's which had two external and one internal antennas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio