Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's arrived..... And left again....

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered the Typhoon H+ last week for it to arrive yesterday [emoji41]
All excited to get my first flight in this week.

Charged the batteries on the st16s and a battery for the bird and started the firmware updates.... That's when it went wrong..... Updating the drone from st16 and it froze.... And lost all connections to the bird...
Long story short, I'm now waiting for UPS to collect it and take it to Yuneec UK (Who were pretty good to be fair). Hoping this isn't an omen for the rest of my ownership [emoji33]

Anyone else experienced this before? And dealt with Yuneec UK?

[QUOTE=" Updating the drone from st16 and it froze.... And lost all connections to the bird [/QUOTE]

Do you mean lost connection from ST-16 to the bird, or did you also lose GUI connection to the bird?

I saw on other posts that after failed updates, you have to create a new model on the ST-16, and bind the bird to the new model.

Reactions: Exaere
Tech said they need to reflash the firmware... Gutted as I wanted to be out flying this weekend, slim chance I may get it back by then.

The st16 wouldn't bind properly with the C23 either. Got video feed, but no gimbal control

Before you return it , why not let some of the experienced H+ members here help you out.
You may be able to avoid returning it. They know their *%*%!!

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience @Exaere and hope you get it fixed ASAP. I was fortunate to have no problems when I updated from the early beta wear to the first update. I have since passed on at least three updates. My H now has 173 logged flights and over 37 hours flight time.

What I am going to say may not help the OP and I am directing this towards him but to others who are thinking about getting a new Yuneec product such as the H Plus: When you get a new Drone from Yuneec, it shipped out having the latest updates from the factory at time of shipping. In addition, it was flight tested as you received it - this means; it was flown at the factory in China and everything worked and you can pull the Telemetry to see it.

My advice (.02 $) before going through the complicated; and some times delicate task of upgrading is, don't update right out of the box. I know this is contrary to what the factory says but with a new drone you want to establish at least a base line of what you purchased. 99.9999% of the time they will work right out of the box with only a compass calibration. I have a two year old Typhoon H with hundreds of logged flights - never once have I updated.

If you purchase a drone and out of the box there are problems - it is defective and if you got it from a reputable dealer they should replace or refund. This is why I went ahead and purchased from Best Buy - I knew I had two weeks to find any flaws and if so, could return for a brand new one, no questions asked. However if you buy a new drone and something happens in the update process as in this case well then, that puts the problem partially in your hands.

Having said all that @Exaere when you said 'Charged the batteries on the st16s and a battery for the bird and started the firmware updates.... That's when it went wrong..... Updating the drone from st16 and it froze.... And lost all connections to the bird... '

Can you take us through the exact procedure? For instance, the first part of the update process (where your doing the long download) the Drone should be off and not turned on until the actual updating begins. Have you seen the updated manual with specifics on doing the firmware updates? This manual has the exact procedure and worked very well for me and many others. Updated Manual

Reactions: Exaere
Hi Ty, thanks for replying.

I bought the h+ direct from Yuneec UK an have sent it back. They're going to reflash it and check its all ok. If not will replace it.
I'd done the updates on the st16s first. All including the really long one. It had unzipped all the relevant updates. Then, following the instructions on Yuneecs Web videos, gone to the update and it kept saying to ensure I had a connection with the C23.
I checked the connection on the WiFi list in tablet mode which was fine. But the C23 froze its stream to the ground station and wouldn't respond. I noticed the green led stayed lit, but the feed kept dropping and then saw the aircraft battery and GPS icons showed N/A instead of % and number respectively.
I tried to power down the aircraft but the power button was non responsive.
Then I went round in circles for ages before going to bed and cslling yuneec in the morning.

Add in to that UPS saying they had tried to pick it up when I was actually at home, the whole process has really gripped my s#%t

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval