Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Jumping ship

Jeez... If you like the H, but the H, you like the Phantom, buy the Phantom. No need to bash one or another just because you got the "different brand"

Same story happened when my parents bought me a PS1 instead of a N64, or when I purchased an Xbox instead of a PS2, same story with the X360 instead of waiting for a PS3, also transalted when I purchased my Dell instead of a Mac and when I decided to spend my money purchasing an android phone instead of the newest iphone...... gimme a break!

It seems a lot of people seem to deeply commit to whatever platform they bought as if there was no way out. Go and buy whatever you want and be happy with it.

Greetings.

Makes sense to me, best truth straight up. Unless one can start a company & put all these machines together into one & charge $7000 for it. The new dji goes like 65mph, $3k and up, sensors all over the place, just like Ford, Chrysler, BMW etc. Its all about the money, buy it today something better tomorrow. Buy it enjoy it & keep it moving. Hit the power ball & buy em all, lol lol

Reactions: Brock.ugk
Makes sense to me, best truth straight up. Unless one can start a company & put all these machines together into one & charge $7000 for it. The new dji goes like 65mph, $3k and up, sensors all over the place, just like Ford, Chrysler, BMW etc. Its all about the money, buy it today something better tomorrow. Buy it enjoy it & keep it moving. Hit the power ball & buy em all, lol lol
What up bro , good response lol

Yes the Phantom 4 Pro is awesome. But give Yuneec a little time, I'm sure they'll be coming out with a camera similar to the new Phantom 4 Pro..I hope! As well as longer lasting batteries. This way, instead of buying an entirely new drone, I'll just buy the camera upgrade, Yuneec made their drones very modular so there could be upgrades, unlike DJI.

i like the h .but yuneec firmware update half the time sux they do more harm then good the range is nothing like Dji even with a aftermarket antenna sys my phantom 4 over 2 miles no trouble
Hope you never crash two miles away and we don't hear about you in the news when you do. Everywhere the FAA guidelines get ignored makes it inevitable that there will be a crackdown. It's a new political era here and the Chinese are already in our sites so I'm waiting for the day congress starts asking why people are getting hit by dones. I for one did not buy a drone for the thrill of flying out of sight as your first priority is to always maintain a visual line of sight. When deliveries start happening you watch how your 2 miles will be off limits completly. Enjoy it while you can.

Reactions: IRIS
Another thread started for the sole purpose of promoting new DJI products. They have people doing it at every social media site. Do the same in their thread and there's **** to pay. Shoot, you can't even watch a video shot with an H or other non DJI product on You Tube without having a DJI ad pop up in it.

If people were really serious about their systems they would buy neither Yuneec or DJI, they would buy something using APM, Pixhawk, or PX4 and link it with the Inexa C2 system and have capabilities and flexibility beyond anything any other company can offer. In the meantime everyone plays the advertise for free game promoting stuff they paid for instead of being paid to promote. Un effing believable.

Yes, and that's why I have a moderated thread at ###; just deleted three posts two days ago, one of them the usual suspect. Sneaky buggers they are. Now, go and do what they did to the Solo thread, tried to do with the H thread and you'll get banned.

Did you hear 3DR released the source code for the onboard computer and tx on the Solo?

Early reports were claiming a 15 min window for environment memory. This however has not been reported from any source that has been able to confirm it, or test it. realsense needs updates - they have not done much to it since it was first shipped.

Real sense has serious potential, but I don't think Yuneec knows how/what to do with it yet - they "turned it on" and then started on other work. I could honestly live without it, its fickle and the manuals and stuff just don't explain it good enough to instill confidence on how to expect it to work (not talking detection size, but when, and where it will work!).

if you took the software from the Phantom p4 Pro, and the hardware from Yuneec TH craft itself, and a variant of the TH remote with some small improvements you could have a pretty cool machine. I feel like Yuneec got the hardware itself right (minus the wide spread variance itself in how it works from one user to another) - but they need some "elegance" in the software layer to stand out.

I don't think the P4 Pro was even a "real thing" for a 2016 release, but they pushed it out because of what the TH had over the p4, but with some small hardware cost they made a big improvement there (sensors and camera) and software was updated with the pretty nice "draw to fly" capability also.

DJI also copied yuneec with the "built in screens" and they clearly said "our customers are asking for it" - Yuneec has had an impact on DJI, or they would not have adapted so well, before the P4 Pro, the P4 was nice (camera IS better, lets get over that fact) - but Yunnec held its own. DJI responded and had the ability to move faster in the market than Yuneec has this year.

If Yuneec can/will take its great quality, and innovate in the software (with a better camera - a MUST!) they really can be better - they need to decide who they want to be and then make it happen. I heard there is a updated 920 coming, this might be the platform to watch also, there has been considerable effort from Yunnec to "learn about their H920 clients" and they are expected to make a big move there also, maybe the TH was a "test" before the real flagship? hard to say - either way Yuneec, unlike other DJI competitors is in the best position of all of them to take a big chunk of DJI market share in the consumer space (I think the Hollywood crowd will be hard to covert short term) - they just have to actually get out and do it...

The camera is not better. Just different. All of my clients who make videos for a living like the way it looks. It's way more cooperative in post as well. No matter how good you think it looks it's the realistic panning the H provides that makes it more cinematic. And never having to worry about my own motors or landing gear getting in a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i like the h .but yuneec firmware update half the time sux they do more harm then good the range is nothing like Dji even with a aftermarket antenna sys my phantom 4 over 2 miles no trouble
I read the forams each week and bar a few cases it appears most problems that arise with the H are after updates have been done, I've had mine in Aus for about 7 months done a lot of flying (no updates) and not a problem , I don't have real sense and don't want it, I do a lot of photography around Redcliffe Peninsula and have not had an issue with the hex and am happy with the camera

I read the forams each week and bar a few cases it appears most problems that arise with the H are after updates have been done, I've had mine in Aus for about 7 months done a lot of flying (no updates) and not a problem , I don't have real sense and don't want it, I do a lot of photography around Redcliffe Peninsula and have not had an issue with the hex and am happy with the camera
The camera updates are very nice but I understand the don't fix if not broken approach.

Did you hear 3DR released the source code for the onboard computer and tx on the Solo?

It gets better than that. We developed a commercial product named Inexa that links with APM based code that opens many doors for the user if they qualify to use it. APM, Pixhawk, PX4, and other derivatives. Nice thing about PX4 and later is that specialized proprietary code you integrate that does not source the APM open stuff to function does not have to be shared.

Search Insitu-Inexa. If you want to have some real fun, you can integrate Hololens with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
from what ive read dji is following yuneec on faa range and capabilities. wonder if dji is gonna be as easy to bypass as yuneec?
maybe should call dji and ask ill wait here for you to call they should answer or be off hold on the phone by this time tomorrow lol.
sorry dji cs support sucks.

I think that people should remember what these platforms are for - AP... that's exclusively why I bought it (at $999 - 50% cheaper than the P4p).
If you wanna go very far or very fast, you're gonna have to get into the DIY fpv with the open source controllers, UHF control and 1.2GHz video. If you need to shoot gimbal-stabilized AP several miles out, you're doing something wrong! It's still possible, however.
I'd get ready for more regulation and restrictions built into the firmware on these proprietary, mainstream "drones".

Reactions: PatR and Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba