Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Jumpy Video, Corrupted files

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots! Back in Sept. I received my CGO3 camera back from repair. I had purchased a used Q500 4k with a camera that was detached fro the gimble from a crash. The camera seemed to be working on the bench although I did not take any pictures or video until it was airborne. I viewed the footage on my PC. It was very inconsistent, it would go a few frames then pause, some digital distortion would come and go. Parts of a previous scene would show up here and there. Weird stuff! Thought maybe my SD card was perhaps not up tho the quality required. Bought a new hi-speed hi-capacity card. No improvement. I formatted the card and tried again. Took a few stills, then got a message that the capture was not completed. I tried switching to the video mode. The video would not work either. Reviewed the results on my PC. Some of the stills looked good, but one was corrupted. Parts of 2 or more images in one frame with some digital bands across the bottom of the image. One more thing to try. Mounted the camera on the steady grip for the first time. Video results no better. I switched to still and the display freezes to the last frame of the previous video mode display. It will take stills but will not display them or what the lens sees at the time. Has anyone else experienced these problems? Please advise.

For me this sounds like a SD-card problem still. What SD card do you use and what is the format of it?
There are a lot of discussions, what SD card works and what not.

I use SanDisk Extreme 32GB, U3 (a small 3 inside the U) and it works perfect.

Very important, that it is an A1 branded SanDisk. i have heard others are not working.

Format should be FAT32.

br HE

Reactions: AH-1G
For me this sounds like a SD-card problem still. What SD card do you use and what is the format of it?

Very important, that it is an A1 branded SanDisk. i have heard others are not working.

Format should be FAT32.

br HE
Thank you for your reply! My card is the SanDisk Extreme Plus, 64GB micro SD V30. I far as I know, this is SanDisk's Premium card. I will check the format, but I think it was Fat32.

Thank you for your reply! My card is the SanDisk Extreme Plus, 64GB micro SD V30. I far as I know, this is SanDisk's Premium card. I will check the format, but I think it was Fat32.

I suspect your computer. Not the card. I think we have the same SD card and on the desktop I usually use it does the same thing you describe.

EDIT!!!!! I went off half-cocked. I saw the title of your post and read the initial paragraph and saw the replies regarding the card. I do not have any digital banding nor have I gotten any error messages. I side with Eagle's.

Last edited:
And you say this just came back from repair? So what does the repair facility say?

Reactions: SkySpy
I suspect your computer. Not the card. I think we have the same SD card and on the desktop I usually use it does the same thing you describe.

EDIT!!!!! I went off half-cocked. I saw the title of your post and read the initial paragraph and saw the replies regarding the card. I do not have any digital banding nor have I gotten any error messages. I side with Eagle's.

Thank you for the reply! The computer should not have any problems. It's a QuadCore with a fairly hefty video card. However after reading your input I checked it on another, same result.

Can you please look for the "A1" or "A2" print on the card?

Can you please look for the "A1" or "A2" print on the card?

Here is the remaining info on the SD card. A small 3 inside the letter U. followed by A2. There is also a very small " XC 1" underneath the Micro SD V30. Reformatted the card in FAT format. Left it in default configuration, it offered a drop down of versions to use. I saw 32 and 64. Figured the computer would pick the correct one. Was I wrong?

Alrighty then! (Jim Carrey) Well, it looks like the correct formatting may have solved the issue. I have only tested it with my steady cam handle. Looks pretty nice! Smooth continuous flow as I move forward. A tiny bit jerky as I make sideways pans, but that may just be me. Not sure how well the steady handle can deal with that. Could not use the photo mode though. I did see a message that the app. could not work properly in full screen mode and recommended that I change the aspect ratio. As soon as I figure out how to do that I will try again. The real test will be on the bird, but I'm very optimistic at this point. Thank all of you for your help!

Format should be FAT32.

br HE

Actually, to my knowledge, the A1/A2 issue is strictly with the C23.

Could you possibly post or send me a photo of the card? I want to make sure I get the correct one. Thank you!

Before you go through a bunch of unneeded trouble....Try getting "Windows Media Player Classic" and see if the files will play.
It's a simple player and if the files are any good at all it will play them.
I suspect you have a much more involved problem than a simple SD card.
I use 3 of the same Extreme SD cards and they work just fine.
Have you tried reloading the firmware in the Camera yet ?
You still have a couple of more things to try before spending more cash....

Reactions: SkySpy
Before you go through a bunch of unneeded trouble....Try getting "Windows Media Player Classic" and see if the files will play.
It's a simple player and if the files are any good at all it will play them.
I suspect you have a much more involved problem than a simple SD card.
I use 3 of the same Extreme SD cards and they work just fine.
Have you tried reloading the firmware in the Camera yet ?
You still have a couple of more things to try before spending more cash....

I hadn't thought about the firmware. Will try that. Good advise, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss