Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just Off the Phone with Yuneec USA

THE WAIT IS OVER, I Got Mine In - Just a quick video to show you that they are in and we can all calm down now as I did when I had it in my hands

Well said.

When I called Yuneec UK yesterday to add a battery and backpack to my preorder they said their first shipment was due from Germany next week, she was leaning towards end of next week so not to over commit.

So hopefully they'll be out to UK customers early the following week.

I can enjoy the first flight videos from everyone else while I wait.

Does anyone happen to know if it comes with a micro-sd card? If so do we know the size/specs of it? I'll probably want to pick up another but would like to get something very similar to the one they give you (if they in fact give you one).

Does anyone happen to know if it comes with a micro-sd card? If so do we know the size/specs of it? I'll probably want to pick up another but would like to get something very similar to the one they give you (if they in fact give you one).

They ship a 16gb card. I ordered one of these for mine:
Amazon.com: Samsung Pro Plus 64GB MicroSDXC Memory Card --- 95MB/s Read, 90MB/s Write: Computers & Accessories

It's more than sufficient for handling 4K video recording. You can also look at getting this which will work just fine:
Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-1 Card with Adapter (SDSQXNE-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
They ship a 16gb card. I ordered one of these for mine:
Amazon.com: Samsung Pro Plus 64GB MicroSDXC Memory Card --- 95MB/s Read, 90MB/s Write: Computers & Accessories

It's more than sufficient for handling 4K video recording. You can also look at getting this which will work just fine:
Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-1 Card with Adapter (SDSQXNE-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories
Many Thanks Jared. Thought they would supply something alittle better than what they supplied with the Q500 4K, but I really shouldn't complain. I'll look into getting one of the ones you suggested.

Unboxing is great. Congrats! I wonder if Capt. Crunch has got a tracking number (and/or count) for his preorders yet?

Is it just me or is there no narrative going on in the lastest unboxing?

The narrative is heavy in the left channel…. The intro to the clip blew my ears out in volume and then the review came in at a very low level.

Nice quick unboxing --- But, check your levels and channel pan before posting :) Thanks

Many Thanks Jared. Thought they would supply something alittle better than what they supplied with the Q500 4K, but I really shouldn't complain. I'll look into getting one of the ones you suggested.

No problem at all. I'm sure the included 16gb card will perform fine, but 16gb won't get very far for shooting a lot of video at 120fps. I plan on taking a camping trip to Wyoming this fall and doing as much flying as possible, so I prefer a card that can hold enough footage for the amount of batteries I'll bringing (better to bring an extra card in case it somehow gets lost or decides to unexpectedly crap out in the middle of nowhere). As cheap as micro sd storage has become it's a little strange Yuneec only opted to throw in 16gb instead of 32 or 64gb.

No. And my Yuneec sales rep assured me, more than once, that all of my pre-orders include the wizard.

Sorry to bring this up….Watched a few unboxing and reviews --- Any "surprise" that Capt mentioned seems missing. Maybe it's the controller lanyard? Maybe it arrive from Yuneec later in the mail--- Perhaps next week along with our free beer? LOL

Sorry to bring this up….Watched a few unboxing and reviews --- Any "surprise" that Capt mentioned seems missing. Maybe it's the controller lanyard? Maybe it arrive from Yuneec later in the mail--- Perhaps next week along with our free beer? LOL
Good point.

The camera & glass are the surprise? That's not what I would call a surprise.

A surprise is getting something additional in the box.

The 'surprise' isn't missing. It's in plain sight. My rep says I can say this now, that the surprise was the unexpected upgrade of the camera and glass. This, according to him, was the reason for the several delays.

To me... not a surprise at all. That is a standard hardware manufacturing issue.... which would have been smarter for them to announce in advance to attract more potential buyers.

I'm sorry if you feel I mislead you. I didn't. I shared exactly what my rep told me and how he told me to share it with others.
Sorry if this sounds like I'm directing my disappointment at you. Not my intent. I had heard the surprise thingy elsewhere as well.

Most of us, when we hear that a surprise is included for waiting, we think of either an additional item or coupon included... not an upgrade to something we had already expected (since it had been mentioned numerous times that the camera was an upgrade over the Q500+).

Oh well... not a deal breaker. Still anxious for my baby H!

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
Personally I think this is a great "surprise". Some folks were wishfully thinking an extra battery or something so maybe talk about that by some got hopes up. I noticed some nice colors and contrast in one of the new videos I watched yesterday and wonder if that represents an improvement over some of the side by side comparisons we saw with Phantom video a few weeks ago where the H video looked soft.

The 'surprise' isn't missing. It's in plain sight. My rep says I can say this now, that the surprise was the unexpected upgrade of the camera and glass. This, according to him, was the reason for the several delays.

So is this the CGOET that I mentioned in my earlier posts? I don't think anybody commented on my statements about that camera made for the Typhoon H.

Seemed the timing and FCC approval on 4/29/16 all fell into a cause for Yuneec's delayed release.

I'm all for a better camera and glass--- That's why I bought this drone-- For videography work.

Still, I figured the "surprise" was an accessory or voucher for a future product.

Thanks for sharing the news :)

Last edited:
Well did any other dealers get there order yet ???

I had a chat with "Andrew" at Ingenious Ingenuity and I believe they are getting their first batch of Typhoon H, and second batch of accessories tomorrow or Friday. Unfortunately since my pre-order was made in early April this first batch will be going toward March orders. Maybe next week I'll get the golden Wonka Bar ticket.

They are shipping, and have been since Monday, It is a fact and many preorderers have even received tracking numbers, just depends how far out your dealer is from Yuneec California for them to get them, a few dealers in Cali have already received them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson