Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just Off the Phone with Yuneec USA

I just got confirmation that I have the very last of the pre-order stock that is coming in mid next week by my dealer. They said I should get the H on next friday if all goes as planned. They only got about 10 that was sent to them. Mind you I just pre-ordered the drone this past Sunday. They said one person cancelled their pre-order a couple days ago and that is the only reason I'm actually getting one of the first waves of the H. Otherwise I'd have to wait. I already have the backpack and extra battery so needless to say I am Very happy I ordered through them. They have been very good about keeping me updated on everything and they have been up-front with me during this whole process.
I know we are all deadset on who we get our drones from but in this case the little guy won in regards to delivering the product because of how much people probably preferred getting it from someone they have dealt with before. But I assure you, there are other dealers that want to make their customers happy and support their hobby just like every other dealer that is taking in tons of pre-orders and customers.
Don't forget about the little guys that have the same mindset that are just starting out.

I just got confirmation that I have the very last of the pre-order stock that is coming in mid next week by my dealer. They said I should get the H on next friday if all goes as planned. They only got about 10 that was sent to them. Mind you I just pre-ordered the drone this past Sunday. They said one person cancelled their pre-order a couple days ago and that is the only reason I'm actually getting one of the first waves of the H. Otherwise I'd have to wait. I already have the backpack and extra battery so needless to say I am Very happy I ordered through them. They have been very good about keeping me updated on everything and they have been up-front with me during this whole process.
I know we are all deadset on who we get our drones from but in this case the little guy won in regards to delivering the product because of how much people probably preferred getting it from someone they have dealt with before. But I assure you, there are other dealers that want to make their customers happy and support their hobby just like every other dealer that is taking in tons of pre-orders and customers.
Don't forget about the little guys that have the same mindset that are just starting out.

Good for you.. No new info on this end for my pre-order.. I do believe the Power Ball has better odds at this point.

That's interesting. Funny how this 'little guy', who just started in March, and works through several warehouses around the nation to ensure the most comprehensive product availability and shipping speed doesn't have access to the H, the cases, the batteries. And according to two Yuneec sales reps, no one else does either.

Capt, are you saying your Yuneec rep is keeping you in the dark now and not communicating the whereabouts of your shipment promised to be on its way last week (or whenever it was)?

Ok my turn.. I just got off the phone with Yuneec customer service ( a non-H issue) after that was resolved (had a bad yuna 100 usb interface) I delved into the "H" discussion.
Passed along what has been said by various folks on message boards. Well here is what he said..

Naturally there are facts and rumors.. Here is the facts from him.
They are NOT rationing them to distributors per say. Whats happening UPS has X amount of room on their trucks. They fill them up with product (the H's) and whatever repairs they may have to be sent out. There is no set rime or reason its the luck of how many they get on the truck at a time. They are shipping "Everyday" ( this would explain why ACES got theirs first the probably was waiting at the dock)

Another thing in which he prided him self by saying is unlike other manufactures the check each and everyone off the boat as quality control. So that takes and extra step as well..

He assured me that everyone should have these little buggers in their hands shortly (at least stateside) by the end of the month. At this point its not a supply issue but a shipping issue.

This was my first call to Yuneec with anything and i can say personally i'm impressed.. With the DJI fiasco i have dealt with for 2 years this is a breath of fresh air (but that's me ).

Did i just get fed Kool-Aide my Rev. Jim Jones here? I don't know but I would hope and want to believe him!

As a footnote he did share his first flight experience with me from last friday. He did say its really fast and he couldn't pry the smile off his face..

Wanted to share that.... As the wait continues!

Last edited:
They are NOT rationing them to distributors per say. Whats happening UPS has X amount of room on their trucks. They fill them up with product (the H's) and whatever repairs they may have to be sent out. There is no set rime or reason its the luck of how many they get on the truck at a time. They are shipping "Everyday" ( this would explain why ACES got theirs first the probably was waiting at the dock)

Thanks for the report…. My East Coast dealer said that Yuneec USA ships pallets by FREIGHT which takes longer then UPS. And they expect that pallet to come today or Monday. Perhaps your rep was referring to orders made directly by customers to Yuneec and not from dealers. AND, my dealer confirmed they only got so many H's ---- Much less then they ordered. He also told me that I would be in the second wave of shipments (i DID order 3/17, but apparently not early enough to be in the first shipment).

Hey Captain I hope you are telling you yuneec sales rep that you want a new one, because either lives under a rock or he is just flat out lying to you. At first we were skeptical about people saying ace has product but now we know for fact that they do have product and they are shipping it out. Go Get Em Captain, show them you can't mess with Montana............(or is that Texas)

Thanks for the report…. My East Coast dealer said that Yuneec USA ships pallets by FREIGHT which takes longer then UPS. And they expect that pallet to come today or Monday. Perhaps your rep was referring to orders made directly by customers to Yuneec and not from dealers. AND, my dealer confirmed they only got so many H's ---- Much less then they ordered. He also told me that I would be in the second wave of shipments (i DID order 3/17, but apparently not early enough to be in the first shipment).[/Q
Ok my turn.. I just got off the phone with Yuneec customer service ( a non-H issue) after that was resolved (had a bad yuna 100 usb interface) I delved into the "H" discussion.
Passed along what has been said by various folks on message boards. Well here is what he said..

Another thing in which he prided him self by saying is unlike other manufactures the check each and everyone off the boat as quality control. So that takes and extra step as well..

He assured me that everyone should have these little buggers in their hands shortly (at least stateside) by the end of the month. At this point its not a supply issue but a shipping issue.

This was my first call to Yuneec with anything and i can say personally i'm impressed.. With the DJI fiasco i have dealt with for 2 years this is a breath of fresh air (but that's me ).

Did i just get fed Kool-Aide my Rev. Jim Jones here? I don't know but I would hope and want to believe him!

As a footnote he did share his first flight experience with me from last friday. He did say its really fast and he couldn't pry the smile off his face..

Wanted to share that.... As the wait continues!

I'm a fairly patient man, but that sounds like the biggest load of dung I've heard yet.

The whole H thing has been frustrating, but I'm sure it's going to be more than worth the frustration and anticipation. I spoke again today with two of the warehouses I work with, one in Colorado and one in Florida, to see what they had for the latest story. Both said they now expect the H shipments on Monday. We'll see. This is the 7th date change since I entered the fray. In 30 years of business experience I've never seen anything quite like this.

I knew living in Florida has some advantages..lol

The whole H thing has been frustrating, but I'm sure it's going to be more than worth the frustration and anticipation. I spoke again today with two of the warehouses I work with, one in Colorado and one in Florida, to see what they had for the latest story. Both said they now expect the H shipments on Monday. We'll see. This is the 7th date change since I entered the fray. In 30 years of business experience I've never seen anything quite like this.
My wife works for USPS and says that latest explanation is very hard to believe. There are competing/partnered carriers for one thing that could be handed off to. USPS does that with FedEx. In fact UPS hands off to USPS as well. She asked how large the package was, laughed and suggested maybe they are full size helicopters. My company uses UPS 2x daily and there is **** to pay if they don't get their packages delivered as promised. In fact I had one red aired today for tomorrow morning. One day late, maybe two.......UPS would go out of business if they ran it like that for long. They are way too efficient to screw things up this bad.

Sorry Yuneec, I'm not buying it.

Captain you I like the way you snuck in Monday instead of saying next week....... Lol it is all good it will get here when it gets here....

Captain you I like the way you snuck in Monday instead of saying next week....... Lol it is all good it will get here when it gets here....
I don't disagree, and my frustration is not with Capt Crunch. I can wait but in my business a delay means maybe a few days to a week, not a month. Monday will be here soon enough with positive expectations (knock on wood).

I agree with the comments on alternate carriers...knowing that they have a large customer base that is expecting a pre-paid product that is weeks overdue...you would think they would ship it by any means necessary. I smell BS as well.

Contacted Yuneec USA on the 12th, and after a few cross firing emails, they ended with this:

"I understand where you are coming from but, I just checked with my order processing team and since you did place that order on March 20th, your unit will be going out with the next batch which will either go out tomorrow or early next week. i apologize about the mix up and would like to thank you for your patience and ongoing support of Yuneec USA. Thank you"

How many times do we hear that "next week"? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I know really somebody said next week at work today and I about came unglued. .........just say, "well sir we really don't know at this point. So please enjoy your day." OH and thanks for supporting Yuneec.........

Reactions: equinator
Thanks for the update. I agree that it will be worth the wait.

Over at RCG an individual claims a reliable source told him all this has to do with the lawsuit filed relating to the original obstacle avoidance design and Yuneec needed to change it. We've PM'd on other issues and he's not a troll.

Over at RCG an individual claims a reliable source told him all this has to do with the lawsuit filed relating to the original obstacle avoidance design and Yuneec needed to change it. We've PM'd on other issues and he's not a troll.
The lawsuit filed had nothing about obstacle avoidance. It was optical tracking, and removable camera using contacts. It specified the entire Typhoon line, not just the H. DJI sprang that suit at the release of the H hoping to hurt sales.

Reactions: HarveyC
The lawsuit filed had nothing about obstacle avoidance. It was optical tracking, and removable camera using contacts. It specified the entire Typhoon line, not just the H. DJI sprang that suit at the release of the H hoping to hurt sales.

Yes you are right, I read the darn thing and forgot that was the actual reason. My take from day one has been DJI was patent trolling. Virtually all of their so called patents had prior art. They may as well have filed for a patent for television.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold