Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just thinking out loud

Reaction score
I wonder why so many people selling their typhoon h, and q500, on eBay are charging so much. Has the news not gotten to them that you can buy a refurbished and open box ones for less than $650? Sometimes less than $500. I see people asking $900-$1300 and higher for regular H’s and I don’t get it. I understand most people paid over a thousand new when they bought them. They must be pricing them on sentimental value, or not wanting to realize the prices of them have been cut in half. I’ve also seen a handful of q500’s priced over $500 and I wonder what they’ve been smoking.

I wonder why so many people selling their typhoon h, and q500, on eBay are charging so much. Has the news not gotten to them that you can buy a refurbished and open box ones for less than $650? Sometimes less than $500. I see people asking $900-$1300 and higher for regular H’s and I don’t get it. I understand most people paid over a thousand new when they bought them. They must be pricing them on sentimental value, or not wanting to realize the prices of them have been cut in half. I’ve also seen a handful of q500’s priced over $500 and I wonder what they’ve been smoking.

Also someone may use this link some day, search of all sold items on eBay. Just type in product name.

Asking is one thing. Getting is another thing!

I guess that’s my point. I’ve used eBay and reverb for years buying and selling used drums, at least 10-15 sales a month. The first thing I do before listing a drum is check the current listings. There’s no point in selling a Yamaha recording custom snare drum for $600 when there are 3 others listed at $350-$400. Lol

I think it is possible that some feel that with these no longer being made that perhaps they are worth more due to what they hope are the benefits of a low supply side, what they don't realize is that there is also a very low demand in general for the full systems what people really need and/or want is parts.

I think it is possible that some feel that with these no longer being made that perhaps they are worth more due to what they hope are the benefits of a low supply side, what they don't realize is that there is also a very low demand in general for the full systems what people really need and/or want is parts.

I would figure that the lack of spare parts would kill the overall value of them as well. I just paid $50 bucks for 4 metal arm clips that used to retail for $3.99 on amazon...that’s a perfect example.

There are definetly good bargains to be had during this covid pandemic as well. I snagged a virtually brand new H for $454 on eBay last month. The guy needed the money and his hobby “toys” were the first to go.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I guess that’s my point. I’ve used eBay and reverb for years buying and selling used drums, at least 10-15 sales a month. The first thing I do before listing a drum is check the current listings. There’s no point in selling a Yamaha recording custom snare drum for $600 when there are 3 others listed at $350-$400. Lol
The worse thing is selling something that fetches a much lower price and is in better condition than the higher prices listing that's in a worse state.

It can be summed up in a common quote... "There's a sucker born every minute."

To be fair I've seen a lot of Q's and H's sold for higher than market value. Most of those are sellers who have demonstrated the product to be in good flying condition and are knowledgeable about their equipment. The buyers tend to be new to the hobby and are looking for an honest seller. They don't know the product well and they are willing to pay a higher price if they are convinced the seller is forthright and sincere. It's more of a social contract than a sale.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I bought two q500's for 150$ then made sure they both flew well, then sold one for 225$ . So now I have a running extra for practice and /or parts for my refurbished one I bought last year. I've been buying up parts and such for real cheap building up stock , make so.e more money then I'm going to buy an h+ with the money I make from my initial 150$ investment.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
I bought two q500's for 150$ then made sure they both flew well, then sold one for 225$ . So now I have a running extra for practice and /or parts for my refurbished one I bought last year. I've been buying up parts and such for real cheap building up stock , make so.e more money then I'm going to buy an h+ with the money I make from my initial 150$ investment.

I flip drums..well...buy them cheap, play them a few gigs, then sell them higher than I bought. It’s been very good to me, I have virtually free drums right how(4 sets) that were bought with proceeds from flipping

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx