Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Kickstarter Scam or Breaking New Ground-Selfly Drone?

Reaction score
People who have been in marketing for a while know that the best-selling product are not always the best products. Yes, sometimes the things like the Selfly phone case come to the market. Having raised over $1,000,000 on Kickstarter, the Selfly once again brings this phenomenon into the spotlight. Let's take a closer look at this gadget.

Having raised over 1,000,000 on Kickstarter, the Selfly drone is one that doubles asa phone case. In fact, it has a camera that can shoot 8MP still images. Is this the next best thing or does it deserve a place on the list?

smartphone-drone-selfly-designboom-06.jpg

It is surprising to see what is offered for the price of a kickstarter campaign. However, if Go Pro has problems with the Karma, why would this not have problems?

Reactions: FLYXLSA
It is surprising to see what is offered for the price of a kickstarter campaign. However, if Go Pro has problems with the Karma, why would this not have problems?

I have a Pebble Smartwatch. Kickstarter Edition. It broke inside a month. Pebble was bought by FitBit last year and they've (Fitbit) got their own problems. GoPro is not doing well either for that matter. The Lilly Drone is history and 3DR just "might" hang on to survive in the commercial market? At least I hope since I own two Solo's.

The price of cutting edge technology. Makes you wonder?

I, personally, have never seen the point of 'Selfies', certainly if the selfy subject involves me since I know that I'm just not that interesting. Indeed, I have no interest in the 'watch me', or 'follow me' modes on my aircraft having only, to date, ever used the Point-Of-Interest mode on my H.

No, for me, there are far more interesting things to photograph or video than my ugly face.

BTW. That Selfy drone in the first-post picture looks cheap and nasty. So it'll probably do well then.

I, personally, have never seen the point of 'Selfies', certainly if the selfy subject involves me since I know that I'm just not that interesting. Indeed, I have no interest in the 'watch me', or 'follow me' modes on my aircraft having only, to date, ever used the Point-Of-Interest mode on my H.

No, for me, there are far more interesting things to photograph or video than my ugly face.

BTW. That Selfy drone in the first-post picture looks cheap and nasty. So it'll probably do well then.

I love my Yuneec Breeze for Kayaking, Climbing or Hiking. It's great to have something so portable and the Electronic Image Stabilization is great at 1080 in light to medium wind. It is not my "primary" drone, but it serves a great purpose!

Most of these crowd funded drones have failed to ship anything and gone belly up. Those that have delivered did not live up to the hype. Don't waste your time or money.

Reactions: FLYXLSA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone