Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

King of the wind

Reaction score
I am officially christening the Typhoon H the King of the Wind. I was out to day flying in a steady 20 mph wind and after flying three full batteries, I thought to myself that I didn't have to make any adjustments or changes for the wind at all. It was just like I had flown for an hour on a calm day. I did take it up high at one point and fly full throttle in non gps and hit my record 72mph. It was still gaining but it gets out of sight very quickly at those speeds. I have many other quads and helicopters and nothing is as good in the wind as my H.

It does pretty **** good in somewhat high winds. My first flight was 20mph gusts, I was impressed.

I was flying this afternoon with the wind gusts up to 11 m/s which about 24.6 mph. The video footage was steady like from tripod with 20kg weight attached and my backpack 'fly away' :) while I was busy with Typhoon.

Reactions: David Wilson
Funny you should bring up the wind. I've found the H to be absolutely amazing in strong winds. Rock steady, smooth shots. However, I was just looking for the wind speed limit in the manual and can't find one. Does anyone know where to find it please?

Reactions: David Wilson
I am officially christening the Typhoon H the King of the Wind. I was out to day flying in a steady 20 mph wind and after flying three full batteries, I thought to myself that I didn't have to make any adjustments or changes for the wind at all. It was just like I had flown for an hour on a calm day. I did take it up high at one point and fly full throttle in non gps and hit my record 72mph. It was still gaining but it gets out of sight very quickly at those speeds. I have many other quads and helicopters and nothing is as good in the wind as my H.

How fast did the battery drain at 72mph? Not only 72mph, but the drag at that speed was elevated. What was the flight time?

Yesterday was very windy but had permission to fly at a golf course with players briefed about Typhoon H.
Wind was 15-25mph - Gusty. Very surprised/pleased with results.

No I don't know that. I have had my TH in 35 mph gusting to 45.

Amazing thing about the H... at least with my experience. I have put quite a few flights on mine thus far and I have to say that I have not yet seen and sign of jello, vibes, etc. in any of my videos. I have flown in all kinds of wind conditions... I'd say as high as gusting to 50K.

Well you have a real craft now.

You just have to look on wikipedia what Phantom may refer to:

Ghost, in traditional belief, a physical manifestation of the soul or spirit of a deceased person
Illusion, a distortion of the senses

Ghostly figures , no it`s just phantom owner trudging the moors looking to get their drone back after a fly away.

Lmao. Too funny.

Funny you should bring up the wind. I've found the H to be absolutely amazing in strong winds. Rock steady, smooth shots. However, I was just looking for the wind speed limit in the manual and can't find one. Does anyone know where to find it please?

I remember seeing about 11mph.

I hope you guys saw the sarc/off

Over at RCG the P4 people are living in a bubble.

I remember seeing about 11mph.
Thanks vidwiz I thought it was around that, just can't find it the manual at all and I'd hate to tell others it was that and not be right! Anyone know what page of the manual it is on? I can't find it to save my life! Maybe I should start another thread...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval