Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lady Gaga and Drones at Superbowl

Man,
All it will take is one of those to fly off and the drone industry will have a real mess on their hands.

Would rather watch the drones , than here her do her political rant and temper tantrum, which used to be reserved for an a child's uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration,. It now has become the big peoples show.

lets hope for a safe drone demo

Reactions: DB1
Would rather watch the drones , than here her do her political rant and temper tantrum, which used to be reserved for an a child's uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration,. It now has become the big peoples show.

lets hope for a safe drone demo

Regarding drones at the superbowl: Hopefully the drones will be commercially rated (vs. hobby class) and piloted by professional pilots.

Regarding the half-time performance:

Not that I think a forum for Yuneec multicopters is a place for political discussion but such a point of view has been raised so I will offer my point of view. If you don’t want to know my opinion on something other than Yuneec multicopters; stop reading now.

I have no interest in sports but do enjoy the halftime show or at least have in the past. Hopefully this year it won’t change. I like some of Lady Gaga's music and she usually has great musicians and puts on an entertaining show as far as the her shows I have seen on TV at least.

I don't really go for boycotts but I find myself falling into a state of an involuntary boycott because I can't get past a performer's intolerant, elitist, uniformed, biased and sometimes visceral viewpoint shoved in my face every time I turn on the TV or go to a live performance. I don’t care what side of the isle they sit. Instead of seeing the character that the actor is portraying I see their views thrust in my face and can’t experience the suspension of disbelief required to enjoy a movie. There is a similar effect when listening to music. It just ruins it all.

I can’t count the times I now try to watch a movie and end up either changing the channel or turn off the TV altogether. I have even walked out of movies or concerts that I have already paid for. It causes me not to buy a ticket to see them perform in a movie or concert because they have already ruined it. When I pay to see you perform . . . play the character or sing song.

Everyone else that involved with the production (listed in the credits at the end of the movie) pays for one or more performers involved forcing their selfish and superior idea that they know better than me what is good for me or how they feel I should think.

I don’t care what you think unless you put it into a song or write a screen play. I can experience it knowing what to expect and willingly listen to your point of view . . . or not.

Now I’ll step down off my soap box . . .

Must say it was nice to not hear politics at the super bowl , Gaga did what she was hired to do, sing and perform, not a fan of hers but she did good.

***On the drones.... GREAT job by Intel, would really like to see them in person one day, they have done another amazing job with them. Just shows the endless possibilities of what can be done with these incredible machines.

Must say it was nice to not hear politics at the super bowl , Gaga did what she was hired to do, sing and perform, not a fan of hers but she did good.

***On the drones.... GREAT job by Intel, would really like to see them in person one day, they have done another amazing job with them. Just shows the endless possibilities of what can be done with these incredible machines.

Considering recent events over the last few months I was pleasingly surprised and relieved that it didn't go political. It was a good show.

I was also surprised to learn that the drone show was actually recorded on January 30 vs. a live performance.

I was also surprised that it is illegal to fly a drone within 34.5 miles from this stadium unless cleared by the FAA. 34.5 miles??? I wouldn't be surprised if that is a misprint or error in one of the articles below.

All About Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Halftime Show Drones

Intel's drone fleet provided backdrop for Lady Gaga's Super Bowl halftime show

More information on the drones:
How Intel Lit Up the Super Bowl With Drones—and Why

I saw it on TV, impressive even if not live.

Here's a funny: someone uploaded a video to YouTube. It stayed up only a few minutes.:eek:
NFL copyright is tight.

It is interesting all those drones were all flown by 1 PIC with a backup pilot standing by. I would love to see the interface used to program the flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop