Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear fails to cycle.

Reaction score
My drones LG fails to cycle. I tried rotating 180 and switching but nothing happens , I checked the ST-16s switch diagram and it shows the switch working , but no joy . Is there something of a work around to trouble shoot this or ???

My drones LG fails to cycle. I tried rotating 180 and switching but nothing happens , I checked the ST-16s switch diagram and it shows the switch working , but no joy . Is there something of a work around to trouble shoot this or ???

Try turning it upside.
Motors not running
Of course.
Cycle your landing gear
Switch several times.

This is an old story. As @KEITH KUHN mentioned, simply cycling the switch sometimes frees them up. The common problem is that they get jammed during landing. Turn it upside down, and listen VERY closely when you cycle the landing gear switch. If you can hear a faint click from the landing gear, it probably means one or both landing gear are jammed. Neither gear will move if either is jammed, and it's hard to tell which until you pull the actuator out. And, of course, it's pretty common for BOTH to be jammed.
If they are just jammed, you can use a 9 volt battery and a homemade lead to free them up. The two outside contacts on the actuator operate the motor. One way is up, reverse the leads, other way is down.

9 volts is more than they normally get, so don't stay in contact long if it doesn't move.

This is an old story. As @KEITH KUHN mentioned, simply cycling the switch sometimes frees them up. The common problem is that they get jammed during landing. Turn it upside down, and listen VERY closely when you cycle the landing gear switch. If you can hear a faint click from the landing gear, it probably means one or both landing gear are jammed. Neither gear will move if either is jammed, and it's hard to tell which until you pull the actuator out. And, of course, it's pretty common for BOTH to be jammed.
If they are just jammed, you can use a 9 volt battery and a homemade lead to free them up. The two outside contacts on the actuator operate the motor. One way is up, reverse the leads, other way is down.

9 volts is more than they normally get, so don't stay in contact long if it doesn't move.

You Rock WFTD
You really know your stuff.
No Kidding.
Keith Kuhn
KK Motion Pictures
on youtube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval