Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear warning?

Not aware of one...although i thought the H would not let you get too close to the ground before auto-deploying the landing gear?

...that said, I've never tested it!...or is that just when RTH has been activated?

No. Part of pre flight most check the switch positions. Starting in down makes it one flip up for flight and flip back for land. Only RTH initiates auto gear drop. It'd be great if the gear automatically dropped in a power loss but that'd mean changing the gear from a servo to a solenoid and it be drawing power all the time.

Not aware of one...although i thought the H would not let you get too close to the ground before auto-deploying the landing gear?

...that said, I've never tested it!...or is that just when RTH has been activated?

If you fly a Typhoon H Realsense, it will not land manual with landing gear up, it will stop in ~1,5 meters hight

Even on RTH?...what about pilot incapacitation and RTH activated by non pilot? Will the H just get home and hover until the battery dies?

Gear auto deploys when the system reaches absolute minimum battery level prior to a system commanded landing. The system has no way of knowing an operator has become incapacitated so all it can do is hover and wait for either a new command or for the battery to discharge to the auto land level. If RTH has been activated and allowed to run its course the gear is auto deployed and the aircraft lands itself.

Easy way to verify the above is go out and test it. You don't have to believe anyone that way, you'll know. Engage RTH and watch what happens. Next flight, set the RTH height, fly out a short distance below RTH height while clear of obstructions and enter Pad mode. At that time the aircraft should climb to the set RTH height and return to the last known position if the ST-16 and hover, awaiting a new command. You have the option of waiting for the battery to discharge to the point the H will self land, or returning to telemetry mode by pressing the home button on the -16 and resuming manual control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech