Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Leaning horizon !

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am new on this forum, and very happy to be there !
I just got my license here in Belgium, so I bought immediately the camera E90 for my H520.

This morning, I made my first tests to check the quality, in both photos and video.
I wanted to check also the programmed flight on the ST16.

So my question is there : I made 4 programmed missions, and the strange result is the same on the 4, photos and video !
The picture here below was taken on a mission with an ROI programmed on the road crossection.
I absolutey don't understand why the horizon is leaning so much !
I made the same mission with an ROI on the same place, but with a video instead of pictures. The result is the same.

I imagine that when you program a fligth with an ROI, the H520 is supposed to keep the camera horizontal, pointing to the ROI ? No ?

Do you have any idea ???

Thank you very much in advance...
Didier HOFFMAN

YUN_0001.JPG

Ok, thank you for your answer.
I bought the camera directly from Yuneec, I will contact the support team.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Just to clarify your situation:
You said " I imagine that when you program a fligth with an ROI, the H520 is supposed to keep the camera horizontal, pointing to the ROI ? ", but did not mention a normal flight without programmed camera control.

Does it make level photographs when the drone is not in flight, or in modes other than ROI?
(ROI = POI?)

Reactions: Mike Irish
Yes, it is the same. This is the last picture I took, in manual flight.
I must say that I did not try with the drone being not in fly... I will try this !

I tried to find a solution on Internet yesterday, and a lot of people speak about the gimbal calibration... Is it necessary before each flight ? (Because I made it once when I have put the camera the first time on the drone), but I did not do it before this flight. So meaby if the drone was not on an horizontal ground, the problem could be there ?
I mus say that I would prefer to find a solution because I did something wrong than to have to send the camera back to Yuneec for service !

ROI or POI ??? I suppose it is the same : Region of Interest (that is what is mentioned on my ST16 and in the User Guide... POI : point of interest ???

e90.jpg

Well... Stil the same problem.
I put the H520 on a perfectly horizontal ground, and made a Gimbal calibration.
Here is the first picture taken on the ground : already leaning !

01.jpg

And after take off, this is the result !

02.jpg

Bad !

So I can't see what I am supposed to do to solve this, except Yuneec Service !

Any last idea before I call them ???

Thank you in advance.

It looks like there is a problem with the latest firmware. Mine and my client also have this issue. He have also CGOET and od IT perfectly leveled.

New E90 camera mounted on an old H520 I guess that has already flown.
When mounting the camera and pairing it, did you then calibrate the camera lying flat on the desk? and possibly then a horizon check.

Yes, I have put the H520 perfectly horizontal, and made a Gimbal calibration. Nothing changed : the problem was still there.
I got an answer from the technical service of Yuneec : I have to send the camera for repair !
Before doing this, I will ask them if it could be a firmware problem...

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hello guys,

I am new on this forum, and very happy to be there !
I just got my license here in Belgium, so I bought immediately the camera E90 for my H520.

This morning, I made my first tests to check the quality, in both photos and video.
I wanted to check also the programmed flight on the ST16.

So my question is there : I made 4 programmed missions, and the strange result is the same on the 4, photos and video !
The picture here below was taken on a mission with an ROI programmed on the road crossection.
I absolutey don't understand why the horizon is leaning so much !
I made the same mission with an ROI on the same place, but with a video instead of pictures. The result is the same.

I imagine that when you program a fligth with an ROI, the H520 is supposed to keep the camera horizontal, pointing to the ROI ? No ?

Do you have any idea ???

Thank you very much in advance...
Didier HOFFMAN

View attachment 22822

Hi Didier. There is a known problem With the E90 and E10t cams. The IMU in the gimbal is causing the problem. They are currently exchanging it. You would need to send it in for repair (if this is the problem with your cam). There may be other reasons but the IMU problem causes exactly that. Gimbal leaning around roll axis. Regards, Sven

Hello everyone.
So the issue is fixed ! I received my camera yesterday from Yuneec.
After a first test, the problem disappeared : the horizon is perfectly horizontal.
Here is what they made : "The IMU Unit of the E90 has been replaced by a unit from a new batch. The gimbal has been factoryresetted and recalibrated. A test flight didn't show up issues again".
And the repair was covered by the warranty : nothing to pay...

Here is the new result : YUN_0017.JPG
Much better ! :)

Hello everyone.
So the issue is fixed ! I received my camera yesterday from Yuneec.
After a first test, the problem disappeared : the horizon is perfectly horizontal.
Here is what they made : "The IMU Unit of the E90 has been replaced by a unit from a new batch. The gimbal has been factoryresetted and recalibrated. A test flight didn't show up issues again".
And the repair was covered by the warranty : nothing to pay...

Here is the new result : View attachment 23484
Much better ! :)
Did you check UpdatePilot for new firmware update? Iam thinking about gimbal new firmware. Can you please check? If you have a newer firmware alert - do not update!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval