Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED light strip mod... Night flying like a boss

Gotta love the amount of lead those babies could pump out. The pilots had to be careful not to stall from staying on the trigger too long. Still see them in the thumb area of Michigan occasionally.

That’s why guys like me joined the Air Force and trained kids to maintain F-15E’s that could wipe out a line of tanks in a single pass, after coming in low enough to make the enemy troops crap their pants when the jet blast would blow their helmets off. :cool:

Welcome to the forum from one vet to another. There are a bunch of us on the forum.
When we were down range (Ft. Carson, Co.) on a training mission, it was the Air Forces job to spot where our company of helicopters were and eliminate the threat.
KABOOM, KABOOM, after burners, what the h.., they found us! :(

Reactions: DoomMeister
That’s why guys like me joined the Air Force and trained kids to maintain F-15E’s that could wipe out a line of tanks in a single pass, after coming in low enough to make the enemy troops crap their pants when the jet blast would blow their helmets off. :cool:

Welcome to the forum from one vet to another. There are a bunch of us on the forum.
Maybe I'm a drone pilot now, because secretly I wanted to be a pilot, but my 9th grade edubacated a$$ didn't stand a chance... Just maybe. Haha I salute you good sir. My step grandpa flew C 130s in Vietnam for Defense Intelligence and my cousin is currently a Blackhawk pilot with the 160th. The rest of the family were all like me... just dirt farmers who answered the call and became grunts. Bout everyone in my family on my Mama's side anyway, were soldiers in one form or another. Somebody's got to keep us all speaking American heh heh Thank you for your service good Sir!

Salute returned with pride and respect!!!

Had an uncle that was flying nighttime gunning missions on the Ho Chi Mihn Trail in cargo planes that had been converted gunships. It had twin tails with both side doors aft of the cockpit removed where manned guns were mounted. Both wings had guns mounted. They flew low and slow taking out supply convoys. F4’s flew cover for them taking out SAM sites. He survived ‘nam and retired from the USAF, but died from a brain hemorrhage years later. Loved him dearly, and to this day I can’t keep a dry eye when I observe the missing man formation.

Education has its place, but if you can read, write, follow the law, and treat people with respect and make your way in life that is what really counts. I’ve know some fairly intelligent people in my life that couldn’t tell you which way to turn a screwdriver or find their @@@ with both hands and a map.

Thanks @AH-1G that’s the one. Forget what the original cargo designation was and what the conversion was nicknamed.

Reactions: AH-1G
Seeing the Thunderbirds as a kid is one of my fondest childhood memories. They even recreated the Top Gun scene. As a 13 year old kid it was just mind blowing to see that.

This is another video flying front seat in a Cobra, though I missed Nam, reminds me the many times I flew front seat down range @ Ft. Carson, yeeee haaaaa:cool:

Love the led strip lights. I use finger lights (for raves or kids) that come with
a switch and a rubber band.Most last about 4 hours some less and about 14 out of 100
didn't work at all which was alright with me since they were only $10 per 100. I thinkthey are up to $15 now on Amazon.
I sometimes put um on the arms too. Really helps with orientation. Its raining right so I just took this picture inside.
View attachment 12820

That's interesting the way you mounted them pointing up. I havent actually flown the breeze with my finger lights but the way that made the most sense to me was them pointing down and on the inside of the legs. Pointing up actually makes more sense so you see the drone itself better but I still think having them 180 deg from your pic on the inside makes more sense for the airflow since the drones arms are also blocking airflow there. Looks like the front ones are actually white which I need to look for.
Agree that they are really cheap lights but you can change out the batteries in them.
What I've also found is that the one I had out of about 30 or so that didnt work just needed to be opened and an adjustment made to the lights prong that is pressed against the battery where you slide the switch.
How were you able to post a pic? I dont get it. How are you guys posting pics and videos as regular members?

Last edited:
battery where you slide the switch.
How were you able to post a pic? I dont get it. How are you guys posting pics and videos as regular members?

You can post photos in the forums using the Attach files button just left of Post Reply. Videos require you to post to YouTube or Facebook and paste the link. The area regular members can’t do that is in Conversation (PM), only moderators and admins can do that there.

Just left of the airplane looking arrow at the top right? Nothing there.....
Hope I'm being stupid again
There is a place under where you write that says photos but it wont post any photos I try. Is it a size limit thing?

Just left of the airplane looking arrow at the top right? Nothing there.....
Hope I'm being stupid again
There is a place under where you write that says photos but it wont post any photos I try. Is it a size limit thing?

When you hit the "post reply" button, the landscape icon between the link and the smilie, on the navigation menu above the text box.

I could have sworn I had tried that. Thanks for correcting my ignorance:)1543748769910.jpeg

I could have sworn I had tried that. Thanks for correcting my ignorance:)View attachment 12830
Nice collection, but if you include all the Breezes you’ve rebuilt you would need a wide angle lens on your camera. You still need to paint an angel wing pattern on the VTOL on the left side of the photo.

Glad you’re able to post photos now.

Theres no stopping me now;)

I should line em up in a V formation or something

Theres no stopping me now;)

I should line em up in a V formation or something

New paint scheme for your Breezes. Five get Thunderbird paint and five get Blue Angels paint. It’s the USAF vs USN:cool:

In flight, endless possibilities. The top pic is the easiest for me to keep
up with orientation. Have a video but has wrong extension, so I have to
figure that out. Attaching files on this forum is strange, sometimes it goes
to a second and says choose file then upload but nothing happens.
Does anyone know if warranty is transferable for a breeze?

Attachments

• breeze leds.jpg
    breeze leds.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 19

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz