Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Let me know if I’m nuts.

Reaction score
So, I’m going to build an H plus with parts bought off eBay, from the brighter brands guy.

I originally bought all the parts just to use as spare parts for the day when he stops parting out the th drones in the future and the market dries up of H-plus parts. So if I can’t build it or doesn’t work, I’m ok with that.

I think I have all the parts but not 100% sure if I’m missing anything, so this is what I have:

6 complete motor arms ready to plug in play
Complete Landing gear
Landing gear open/close modules
Receiver module
Compass/gps module board
Main board with the barometer covered on top
Upper/lower/middle air frame
Camera
On/off button
Positioning system module
Real sense
St16s
Most of the screws but think I’m missing some (which I’ll figure out as I go I guess, though yuneec skins has some screw kits that might work enough).

(Need gimbal board)

Beyond that is there anything I’m missing or anything that, when assembling the drone can only, or needs to be, done by the factory? Some sort of programming or software thing?
Is there anything else I’m not factoring into this “project” and isn’t just plug in and play? If stuff goes south on me I can just buy more parts as I’m pretty sure he’s going to be auctioning off parts for a good while, he gets his parts from a supplier that bought up a lot of that KAV inventory which got sold off. But the parts will work even if I just tear anything down, short of burning out my main board etc.

Wish I had WTFD sitting on my shoulder through this, however I’m pretty good at tinkering (not very good at computers) and I’ve been building models/RC’s since about 10 years of age (still have my team associated’s from back in the day).

Thanks for any input any of you have. You can chime in or just tell me I’m an idiot for taking it on, I’m good with either of them.

**Basically anything I need to know that’s not in the WTFD manuals that can be found in these forums.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun project.
I don't see a micro USB module listed.
Not sure if you have the IMU module, but a couple things you listed could be interpreted as such.
Do the motors have the quick disconnects already installed?
Do you have both parts to each arm latch/hook?
A battery or two. I assume the battery connector is already on the main board?
Props, of course.
I give up. My memory just isn't good enough. But you certainly have a bunch of it.

The really good part is now you have an excuse to buy a new set of spares. Which you can then turn into another new HPlus. And the cycle continues.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Sounds like a fun project.
I don't see a micro USB module listed.
Not sure if you have the IMU module, but a couple things you listed could be interpreted as such.
Do the motors have the quick disconnects already installed?
Do you have both parts to each arm latch/hook?
A battery or two. I assume the battery connector is already on the main board?
Props, of course.
I give up. My memory just isn't good enough. But you certainly have a bunch of it.

The really good part is now you have an excuse to buy a new set of spares. Which you can then turn into another new HPlus. And the cycle continues.

Haha. Yeah motor arms are complete, just plug 3 connectors and esc in and boom...done. The metal latches are already on the frame and motor arms came with shrapnel installed already. The battery connector and USB port case attached with the main board too.

I think that guy takes full complete. drones and just disconnects all the parts, takes screws out, and sellls them that way, there’s literally nothing difficult about putting it back together, which is kind of why I’m asking...it seems too easy, and nothing can be that easy for a $1300 drone that I picked up all parts for about $400 (not including camera and st16s). Everything small is already put together, or soldered, or hooked up, just put it back together.

Haha. Yeah motor arms are complete, just plug 3 connectors and esc in and boom...done. The metal latches are already on the frame and motor arms came with shrapnel installed already. The battery connector and USB port case attached with the main board too.

I think that guy takes full complete. drones and just disconnects all the parts, takes screws out, and sellls them that way, there’s literally nothing difficult about putting it back together, which is kind of why I’m asking...it seems too easy, and nothing can be that easy for a $1300 drone that I picked up all parts for about $400 (not including camera and st16s). Everything small is already put together, or soldered, or hooked up, just put it back together.
Thats all there is to it, to me I believe the hard part is trouble shooting end, Oh and the camera, everything else is straight forward.

Reactions: Done-guy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal