Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Let The Battle Begin

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
Every spring and summer.....I put the feeders out for the little birdies.....and these tree rats try to reap the bounty. One of these seasons I’m gonna invest in a Squirrel Spinner just for the laughs. I’ve used Pam spray on the pole....it’s funny watching them try to scurry up only to get about halfway then slide back down......

Mine learned to keep going up the pole until they wiped the PAM off with their fur. I finally hung the feeder from a 15ft tree branch with bailing wire. They would try to slide down, but just bounced off the feeder when they hit. Stubborn critters, but they eventually gave up.

Looks like dinner to me.
31ovJPcN4rL._SX425_.jpg

Ha ! Same problem here !
I rub Vaseline mixed heavily with chili powder and hot sause on the feeder poles.
Laugh like **** when they get it on their paws and it clumps with the mulch.
Die laughing when the try to lick it off and then run in circles with their mouth on fire !
We are in a Bird feeder club, and last year we spent $1250 PLUS and got 425 lbs of bird seed !
**** birds eat better than most !

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I like the Vaseline/pepper idea.....some of those ghost chili’s.....really light them up. I’d be worried about my dog though. He’s a Beagle and that sniffer would be in a world of hurt.

I live in a suburban neighborhood.....if I lived in the country it’d be .22 all the way......

Spinner is about as far as I’d go really.....I don’t like them but I’d never actually harm one.

But spinning them......or when they get in my attic I trap them in a Have-A-Heart, then drive at least 10 miles and release at a park or undeveloped area. One guy gave me fits.....kept springing the trap.....took 3 days to finally catch him. Made him sit in the garage ALL DAY until I could drive him out to the country. When I released him....honest to God.....he ran about 20’ away, stopped, turned around, flipped me off, then ran into the forest.... little bastage, fargin icehole.

Fred..
Here is a true story..
When my dad was alive, he would go and visit a friend who fed the squirrels whole peanuts from his back porch.
there was one squirrel who must have been in a fight because his tail was crooked to the right on the top.
Always stood out in the pack.

Well one day this friend found out the squirrels had gotten into his attic, so he had someone bring a trap and the one that was in the attic was old crooked tail !

Well they took him to the state game lands about 20 miles away, across a river, and let him loose.

Guess what! the **** thing came back to his house about a week later !

• Wow
Reactions: Fred Garvin
.......Guess what! the **** thing came back to his house about a week later !.......

WOW! They say to take them a minimum of 6-8 miles away.....mine would have to traverse 2 suburban cities, several major highways on a diagonal path, to get back. Pretty amazing one found his way back from 20 miles.

Kettle's on the fire. Taters, carrots and onions all peeled. Now just need some squirrel meat.?
well if you want some squirrel meat all you have to do is set a trap with food in it and soon as they go in they caught . But you have to make sure the cage is a very strong. Those critical has a very powerful teeth and they can cut through just about anything like metal. we had to set up traps in this complex that we used to live in because they was going into the attic and they ate through the screen. Once they got in the attic they was eaten through the floor the roof into other people's apartment. So we had to put traps on the inside of the attic to get them out of there. And seal the attic steel bars .

Mine learned to keep going up the pole until they wiped the PAM off with their fur. I finally hung the feeder from a 15ft tree branch with bailing wire. They would try to slide down, but just bounced off the feeder when they hit. Stubborn critters, but they eventually gave up.
I'll get back to you later have to make a run now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval