Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Life in The Hood

Nice video but to make your video look a little more professional try doing slow fade transitions between clips. looked like a peaceful flight.

Nice video but to make your video look a little more professional try doing slow fade transitions between clips. looked like a peaceful flight.
Cut vs. Fade is an artistic decision. Go watch watch any National Geographic nature documentary and count the cuts vs fades.

Reactions: KramerMD
Howdy fellas! Thought I post a video from around the house (Hood River). You'd never guess it's Oregon and Washington as it looks more like L.A. or NYC. Enjoy!

Magnificent footage. Its amazing what new photography resources anyone can have with the Q5.

Full disclosure here, I am a DJI Phantom owner over the past couple of years but looking at Yuneec having seen the launch of the Typhoon H. Who wouldn't want a camera that can rotate 360 degrees and 6 motors?

Anyway was browsing videoas of the Yuneec and found yours and wow that shot 35 seconds is nice!

Noticed some purple or green tint to some shots though, was that intentional to bring out the colours in the trees or does the camera lean towards those colours in auto mode?

Again, a great video.

Full disclosure here, I am a DJI Phantom owner over the past couple of years but looking at Yuneec having seen the launch of the Typhoon H. Who wouldn't want a camera that can rotate 360 degrees and 6 motors?

Anyway was browsing videoas of the Yuneec and found yours and wow that shot 35 seconds is nice!

Noticed some purple or green tint to some shots though, was that intentional to bring out the colours in the trees or does the camera lean towards those colours in auto mode?

Again, a great video.

The CGO2 comes out with really warm colors right from the camera. The CGO3 color balance is way more accurate. I usually shoot pretty flat and then tweak it later in Premiere.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I know this is not the best thread for this but one last question, do you think the Typhoon H will allow for ND filters and the like on that camera? I have not seen mention of it anywhere so far.

Great video again, really like it.

It's amazing footage. To think that 10 years ago, the only way to get amazing footage like this was using a helicopter and a great camera.

Wow! Amazing shots. I'm curious as to how many batteries you used to film it. It would take me hours of flying to get that much usable footage! You must have planned your flying very well.

Wow! Amazing shots. I'm curious as to how many batteries you used to film it. It would take me hours of flying to get that much usable footage! You must have planned your flying very well.
Thanks bro! I run three batteries so 3-20 minute flights give me about an hour before I run out of power. Each segment of the video was shot on different days and locations.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I know this is not the best thread for this but one last question, do you think the Typhoon H will allow for ND filters and the like on that camera? I have not seen mention of it anywhere so far.

Great video again, really like it.
Thanks bro, you are too kind...

I run an ND filter on my normal camera for three main reasons:
1) I want a shallow depth of field to isolate my subject from the background but it's too bright to shoot wide open.
2) I want to keep my shutter speed at 1/60th sec so motion blur looks natural.
3) A shutter speed of 1/60th forces me to stop down to f/22 or higher causing a decrease in sharpness due to refraction.

None of these really apply to drones. It's no big deal to bump up the shutter speeds on normal drone footage.

Typhoon H uses the same camera as the Q500 4K, the CGO3, so it will use the same clip-in filters. I took my filter out after noticing some nasty lens flares. I would gladly pay decent money for a coated, glass filter for the CGO3. Someone needs to make one...

Overall I've been extremely happy with the quality of footage I've gotten out the the CGO3. In bright daylight it's right up there with with my Panasonic GX8 4K camera.

Nice vid! I'm in Portland, so I'm looking to do a lot of filming in the gorge. Enjoy!
Nice bro! Come on out and visit. I can even show you around if you want. The biggest problem I run into around here is the wind. I moved here to windsurf and kiteboard but lately I've been SUPing and flying. Of course it's windy everyday I have time off to fly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval