Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lipo charger

Reaction score
As from next week I should have 4 batteries for my H, I know the connectors are not available yet but I would like to know what suggestions anyone can give for a Lipo charger that can charge 4 batteries at the same time and also discharge safely if I need to store for any reason. I called Yuneec and a single spare charger and pack come in at £140 so I thought my money would be best spent on a good charger.
Thanks in advance :)

powerlab 6 and a 24v server PSU if you want good stuff.

hobbyking Reaktor 1000w is nice if want to save a few quid and a good 12v server PSU or buy one ready built if you don't know what you are doing....i don't mean that in a rude way.

parallel charging is not for the masses!!!!

Reactions: Steve Carr
powerlab 6 and a 24v server PSU if you want good stuff.

hobbyking Reaktor 1000w is nice if want to save a few quid and a good 12v server PSU or buy one ready built if you don't know what you are doing....i don't mean that in a rude way.

parallel charging is not for the masses!!!!
Ready built sounds good :) I'm new to this and Lipo batteries !

parallel charging is not for newbies buddy, it is VERY important you know what you are doing as plugging something in wrong will have consequences, please do your homework on parallel charging.

a powerlab 6 plus balance board and a ready made 24v PSU will set you back probably £300-400 since you can't build your own unfortunately. this is the safest parallel charger (along with the more powerful powerlab 8) you can buy as the balancing boards have poly fuses on them if you accidentally plug a fully charged battery in along with a used one.

fastlad performance is a good place to start looking.

Last edited:
here ye go bud-

CellPro PowerLab PL6 Charger MPA Ultimate Combo

Chargery S600 V2.0 Adjustable 600W 18 Volt 33A Power Supply CP-S600-1

that is enough to 1c charge 4 batts at once if you can buy the yuneec charging leads anytime soon.

how do i know this? well Volts * Amps = watts. You have max 600 watt charging so 14.8v * 5.4amp stock battery = 80 watts per battery to charge at 1c plus 10% efficiency losses. i.e you have plenty in reserve :)

you could do it with a cheaper charger but you specifically said "good charger" :)

in future you will probably want to upgrade to a 24v PSU to get the most out the charger.

Please read about parallel charging before doing this, It is NOT for everyone and if you are a newbie i would advise against it!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Luckyleaf
keep in mind that charger isn't very powerful, it will just about scrape 1.3c charge rates at best with losses, if you are happy with that then could do worse for sure. 1c charging is what most seem to aim for so that charger will cope no problem for sure.

there is nothing wrong with parallel charging IF you know what you are doing but a multi channel charger is probably safer for most people, the drawback is lack of charge and discharge power but you can't have your cake and eat it as they say! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Luckyleaf
keep in mind that charger isn't very powerful, it will just about scrape 1.3c charge rates at best with losses, if you are happy with that then could do worse for sure. 1c charging is what most seem to aim for so that charger will cope no problem for sure.

there is nothing wrong with parallel charging IF you know what you are doing but a multi channel charger is probably safer for most people, the drawback is lack of charge and discharge power but you can't have your cake and eat it as they say! :)
I've had a bit of a read up on parallel charging, ok it seems more involved but nothing to bad, as i would be charging 4 cell batteries only, and as long as they are all discharged to the same voltage before charging and kept an eye on :rolleyes:

Ok after much deliberation .....
I've gone for iCharger 406 DUO 1400W Balance Charger with Chargery S1200 24v 55A PSU :):) It's getting a quite expensive hobby this ! :p

If paying with PayPal why does your site require all this information? If you have a Paypal account it has already collected your mailing address and all need information. Seems a little over kill to me to keep repeating information already recorded.

• Billing First Name is a required field.
  • Billing Last Name is a required field.
  • Billing Email Address is a required field.
  • Billing Phone is a required field.
  • Billing Address is a required field.
  • Billing Town / City is a required field.
  • Billing Province is a required field.
  • Billing Postcode / ZIP is a required field.
  • Shipping First Name is a required field.
  • Shipping Last Name is a required field.
  • Shipping Address is a required field.
  • Shipping Town / City is a required field.
  • Shipping Province is a required field.
  • Shipping Postcode / ZIP is a required field.

Sometimes people have a different PayPal Adresse then the shipping address.
And if the billing addess is the same you don't have to enter the shipping address just check the checkbox right next to shipping address.
I just use the address you type in on the order page sorry for the inconvenience but I hope its ok for you

Andy

yes no problem, the 3rd batch contains 200 connectors and there are still a few left.

Andy

I'm sorry Andy when I click on checkout it takes me to the page where your suppose to fill in all the info already recorded in my paypal account. Maybe I'm blind but no where I see where you can click if the billing address is the same? LOL I'm getting old but I didn't think my eyesight is this bad :)

before you click pay by paypal where you see the summary of the order etc..
There is a question "Ship to a different address?" and a check box right next to it.
Disable the checkbox and the shipping address will be the same as the billing address

Andy

Reactions: KBflyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval