Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Long term durability of H

Do you fold and refold the arms a lot?not looking to blame anything on you,just curious if it might be a problem?

When it stays home I never fold the arms, when it goes in my vehicle
I fold it up and take the props off.

Here is what puzzles me, only two of the arms are showing this wear.
They are on opposite sides and the holes looks like it's elongated
like the wear is from flying and not from folding the arms.

I have put small washers on the hinge and that allowed me to tighten
and stiffen it enough where it does not feel any movement.

I don't know what's going on, I'm lost for an explanation on the hinge.

It's worn from flight, The arms are opposites because these are the most used during flight and would you mind telling us which arms? This could be typical of all TH

Of course once there is any slack it will typically grow exponentially so paying attention could save a H,, lol....... DJI Here I come !

Thanks

I have had my H a little over a month now with over 100 flights.

I am starting to see some wear and tear on some parts already.

A couple of my prop arms are getting a little sloppy, not much
but enough where I am starting to see a jello effect in the video.

After inspecting the prop arms I see it is just a screw going through
a plastic hinge and the fit is no longer tight.

Now one of the fans in the ST16 has started to make a screeching sound
like the bearing are giving up.

One of the legs on the landing gear keeps sticking and I have to raise it
up and down a few times to get it to lower or retract.

I have not crashed this bird yet or even had a hard landing.

I think there are to many moving parts on the H and it's long
term durability is questionable.

I will call Yuneec and see what they say, might be time for a rebuild.

Anybody else seen any problems not related to a crash?
Come on Jimmie ! are you saying your H has rheumatoid arthritis at such an early age ? LOL ! Rub some DMSO in the joints to get rid of the squeeks!;) Some on the motor bearings too! LOL !

This is a crock, the trolls are coming out from under the bridges. Tomorrow I'm looking hard at my arms. As much as I fly mine I should have signs also. Time to break out the flash lite.

It's worn from flight, The arms are opposites because these are the most used during flight and would you mind telling us which arms? This could be typical of all TH

Of course once there is any slack it will typically grow exponentially so paying attention could save a H,, lol....... DJI Here I come !

Thanks

I don't know if the arms are numbered in any way but looking at it from the front it is the middle arms on the left and right sides.

So instead of the DJI cracked motor mounts we get this, guess that stress has to manifest itself somewhere.

Come on Jimmie ! are you saying your H has rheumatoid arthritis at such an early age ? LOL ! Rub some DMSO in the joints to get rid of the squeeks!;) Some on the motor bearings too! LOL !

It looks more like Gout in it's two big toe's! o_O:eek:

Reactions: DroneClone
I don't know if the arms are numbered in any way but looking at it from the front it is the middle arms on the left and right sides.

So instead of the DJI cracked motor mounts we get this, guess that stress has to manifest itself somewhere.
Thanks,,, that would make since if these provide the majority of the lift when pitching left and right. The front and rear have two arms to disperse the load across so I'd expect them to handle the stress better... My H is filming the next nemo movie so be sure to look for it next to the sand dollars,,, lol

I'll give the H one thing........................ it flies great in high winds! Took it, and my P3P, out to the park today. Winds really up there, 15-20 and gusting. Flew beautifully! As did my P3P. I like to practice landings on these very windy days................. a few were cliffhangers, but it was great fun!

Reactions: Burntpixel
I spoke with Yuneec today and these guys are taking a major beating on the H. I'm dealing with a malfunction that ended in an unrecoverable H but, Yuneec I think has good intentions but for any company to be successful they have to sell there product. After doing some research on sales volumes and demographics for the H. It seems that around Jun 19-21 there was a huge drop in sales and I mean HUGE!!!!!.... That is nearing a month and the sales have steadily dropped for Yuneec. This is right before they plan to release the Pro version which no one will want if the Standard version flopped. Best Buy has the H as not in stock online and that's not good. There are tons of H's for sale on Ebay,Amazon ect... and no one is biting. I'm not sure how this will end but,,, The H was awesome while it lasted... I have video of this bird performing in ways no other drone can compare... However it was the 3rd flight using the wizard that did it in. We are going to use the H again because it does work. It worries me to see these type of wear problems because we only had about 35 real flights,,,, before it bit the dust or dipped in the drink,,, We can't help Yuneec no matter how much some of us like the H and they are definitely in a bind now... I see a recall on the way due to safety reasons... These are registered air craft and have numerous flaws that could cause safety problems. Especially if the parts are failing so soon. They have a 6 month warranty and you guys are at 100 flights in one month.. That's a long way from what I would expect... This is my .02
.... hi Kevin What specifically was the problem with the wizard I have had nothing but successful flights so far and have not used the wizard but perhaps you can warn me as to what specific problem you had with it? Thank you

Reactions: Rayray
.... hi Kevin What specifically was the problem with the wizard I have had nothing but successful flights so far and have not used the wizard but perhaps you can warn me as to what specific problem you had with it? Thank you
At this time I'm not real sure what the problem was or even if the wizard was part of it. The H pitched forward to the point it started losing altitude and continued until it impacted the water. The camera however was still focused on the wizard at the time of impact and the H was near a rollover state. I have a picture posted in another thread of the last image on the st16. Yuneec has the Flight Logs but,,, none of the wizard flights are recorded. It's not safe to use the wizard just for the simple fact that the data for the flight is not recorded anywhere and that is specifically what Yuneec uses to determine who is at fault or if there was a malfunction. I'm currently requesting a replacement but, who know how that will end. We as users were not informed that in team mode or when the wizard is used as a stand alone that the telemetry data would not be recorded. I placed the burden of proof on Yuneec since I have multiple witnesses to the malfunction. Someone on this board was nice enough to mention pilot error and I agree 100%.... It was on auto pilot so yes the pilot made errors :) It's not our fault Yuneec did not make provisions for this when using the H in a mode that is a key feature of the device such as watch me mode using the wizard as a controller. So be very careful because if something goes wrong such as any of the other known bugs you will be in my situation. I would much prefer to have the data. We were 3.5minutes into the flight with a full battery when this happened..

Please show us the photo , so that we can compare with our H

Thanks
Me too DJI

Jimmie post a picture of your "elongated" arm pits! " A picture says a thousand words" !

Last edited:
Since Best Buy is taking pre-orders for the Pro H I suppose they are not giving up on Yuneec.
Facts can be elusive, but conspiracy theories abound. Just a general statement, not aimed at anyone, lol.

Reactions: Brandon B
Jimmie post a picture of you "elongated" arm pits! " A picture says a thousand words" !

I did not take a picture of it, I wish I would have taken a video
of the arm movement before I put in the washers and tightened it up
but did not think at the time.

Mind you this was not a huge amount of wear or movement but enough
that would have gotten worse if something was not done to tighten it up.

My biggest concern is there could be enough movement where the arm
locking mechanism alignment could release during flight.

Thanks

If DJI would sell a low cost hexacopter under 2000 USD then i will buy it directly, but they do not have one so typhoon H is the solution.

I spoke with Yuneec today and these guys are taking a major beating on the H. I'm dealing with a malfunction that ended in an unrecoverable H but, Yuneec I think has good intentions but for any company to be successful they have to sell there product. After doing some research on sales volumes and demographics for the H. It seems that around Jun 19-21 there was a huge drop in sales and I mean HUGE!!!!!.... That is nearing a month and the sales have steadily dropped for Yuneec. This is right before they plan to release the Pro version which no one will want if the Standard version flopped. Best Buy has the H as not in stock online and that's not good. There are tons of H's for sale on Ebay,Amazon ect... and no one is biting. I'm not sure how this will end but,,, The H was awesome while it lasted... I have video of this bird performing in ways no other drone can compare... However it was the 3rd flight using the wizard that did it in. We are going to use the H again because it does work. It worries me to see these type of wear problems because we only had about 35 real flights,,,, before it bit the dust or dipped in the drink,,, We can't help Yuneec no matter how much some of us like the H and they are definitely in a bind now... I see a recall on the way due to safety reasons... These are registered air craft and have numerous flaws that could cause safety problems. Especially if the parts are failing so soon. They have a 6 month warranty and you guys are at 100 flights in one month.. That's a long way from what I would expect... This is my .02
You say on your 3rd flight it crashed,then you go on agout 35 flights, man
It looks more like Gout in it's two big toe's! o_O:eek:
post a pic Jim, I have had my H since May 31 and fly 2 to 3 times daily weather permitted. My H has over a hundred flights and our two machines are day and night. It would be nice to see more and better proof of all these problems that some are having. My area is at 3000ft, always some kind of breeze,temps have been in 70 to 90+ degrees. I always do full complete flights,using my batteries full charge. My point is, my H probably has as much time as just about any other H, I don't take pictures with my machine. I fly a course every day 3 times a day,always on the move or long periods of hovering. I checked everything on my H that hear that's happening to others, and she's like the day she came out of the box. My neighbor has one,in fact longer than I , no problems, except they have a habit of trimming there Apple trees with it scare the critters out of them.LOL If I ever need extra props, they have plenty.LOl

Reactions: Brandon B
The real TH owner/members seem a little slow catching on but it has now happened. TH is all it was advertised to be and more. It being modular is a good idea. Buy what you want and need. CS will take care of us, No more no less. Yuneec rocks.

Since Best Buy is taking pre-orders for the Pro H I suppose they are not giving up on Yuneec.
Facts can be elusive, but conspiracy theories abound. Just a general statement, not aimed at anyone, lol.
Oh! RayRay
I did not take a picture of it, I wish I would have taken a video
of the arm movement before I put in the washers and tightened it up
but did not think at the time.

Mind you this was not a huge amount of wear or movement but enough
that would have gotten worse if something was not done to tighten it up.

My biggest concern is there could be enough movement where the arm
locking mechanism alignment could release during flight.
It is common knowledge that any "good" pilot does a checklist before each flight and has a PM (Preventative Maintenance ) Schedule!. I, every 20 flights , test all my screws on my birds for "snugness" not tightness, If loose, i just snug them up a tad. That will eliminate loose screws and parts rubbing, flying off etc. !. A little TLC, will prevent issues in the future, and save money in the long run ! Just my two centavo's worth ! ;)

Reactions: Michael Walker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis