Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for a Freewell ND filter set for my H+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This set isn't produced by Freewell anymore but I still look for one for my H+. 5 ND filters ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND64 in 40.5 mm. If somebody has one set that he doesn't use, please let me know.

Thanks

Claude-Alain

See this thread... Freewell no longer produces these filters because many times, they do not fit.

Freewell ND filters for the C23

Your alternatives at this point are limited...

40.5mm ND Filters - B&H Photo

There are some other sets available on Amazon, but with very little choice of ND strengths.

Good luck with the search! I would personally not suggest the used route... Short of meeting in person, how will you determine if the filters being sold, will fit your C23?

Thanks Eagle's Eye. I've read the thread on Freewell filters but if somebody here has one set he doesn't use, I'm interested in.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I’m doing the same with some Neewar 40.5’s.....the adapters are a pain though. They’ll seize up so easy.

I would certainly recommend that anyone using the C23, to have at least one, if not two spare filter rings... seriously, what a way to kill a day's flying. ?

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Just “barely” snug them up.....seriously.

See this thread... Freewell no longer produces these filters because many times, they do not fit.

Freewell ND filters for the C23

Your alternatives at this point are limited...

40.5mm ND Filters - B&H Photo

There are some other sets available on Amazon, but with very little choice of ND strengths.

Good luck with the search! I would personally not suggest the used route... Short of meeting in person, how will you determine if the filters being sold, will fit your C23?
B + W makes a lot of great filters in 40.5mm. Scott glass

B&W is pretty good brand, so is Gobe... but unfortunately with the sUAVs we use, an attempt is being made to compensate for a camera without an aperture.... so a continuous range of ND "f-stops" are needed. The only brand I have seen available in a continuous range from 0.6 ND thru 1.5 ND is in the Formatt-Hitech brand.

Certainly there are less expensive alternatives... however look at what you are getting in the Amazon set above: UV filter... C23 comes with one. Circular polarizer... consistently proven to be of limited use in aerial video. Fluorescent light Filter... in our application... really? ND filters 0.3 thru 0.9 ND... will not be enough ND for full sunlight, if your goal is 1/60 shutter speed...

Ultimately my photographic experience will not allow me to put cheap glass, in front of a $1200 camera. YMMV.

B&W is pretty good brand, so is Gobe... but unfortunately with the sUAVs we use, an attempt is being made to compensate for a camera without an aperture.... so a continuous range of ND "f-stops" are needed. The only brand I have seen available in a continuous range from 0.6 ND thru 1.5 ND is in the Formatt-Hitech brand.

Certainly there are less expensive alternatives... however look at what you are getting in the Amazon set above: UV filter... C23 comes with one. Circular polarizer... consistently proven to be of limited use in aerial video. Fluorescent light Filter... in our application... really? ND filters 0.3 thru 0.9 ND... will not be enough ND for full sunlight, if your goal is 1/60 shutter speed...

Ultimately my photographic experience will not allow me to put cheap glass, in front of a $1200 camera. YMMV.
I definitely agree Eagle's Eye, I mostly use the C23 for still photography (that's why I upgraded from H to H+) and don't want to put bottle bottom in front of the lense. You don't really care when shoting video but for still photography, a poor quality filter degrades the optical quality a lot.
I'm gonna take a look at Hitech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt