Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lose exposure lock feature with new firmware

Reaction score
I flew my H today and I noticed that a feature that Captain Drone posted a video about had been disabled.
I used to be able to aim the camera at a specific subject and then hit the Auto/Manual exposure soft button to "lock" in the exposure. Now it jumps to some sort of default when I press it. I have it on auto and when I switch the exposure to manual, the video brightens way up. I have had to go back to the manual means of adjusting my exposure. That was a feature I was really excited to learn about and now am really disappointed that it no longer works.

The firmware update changes around a few of the WB items, most likely due to the use of the D-PAD (left and right). AWB has been moved to the center and LOCK has been moved to the top.

The old Exposure lock that you mentioned, now requires that you set the shutter speed. It still locks the exposure, but it doesn't automatically set the shutter speed like it used to... now you have to set it or else the screen goes bright white. On sunny days just set it to 1/800 of a sec or higher. If you go lower, you'll need ND filters.

Hopefully they will eventually add that back in.
I don't mind adjusting the shutter speed, but it was a quick way to lock your settings in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech