Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

lost connection with Q500 while flying

Reaction score
Third flight today and was nearly to be a disaster. I switched on ST-10, then the Q500, connection was established and I took off. Suddenly as it was at about 10 meters height, it did not obey to the commands from ST-10 and no data from battery, gps, position, height was shown on display. I could do nothing except watching it and waiting for the battery to drain and fall down! Then I decided to switch off the ST-10 and on again. Thank God, it established connection! I think something happened with the ST-10. Any ideas?

Somebody will come along and give you help. Wtfd doomeister or another knowledgeable person.

Reactions: doctorn
If you have an SD card in the controller, you can upload the flight logs to the Forum as suggested by @h-elsner. That is the most accurate way to determine if it was a drone issue or a controller issue.

Refer to Attachment 56 (Q500 and Chroma Flight Log Retrieval) of "Way To Fix Drones project" if you need instructions for uploading the flight logs.

Also:
Please confirm you have an ST10 and Q500. (If you have an ST10+ and a Q500-4K, a slightly different possibility exists.)

About how much time passed between loss of signal, and regain of signal?

Have you made any recent hardware or firmware changes to either the drone or controller?

Last edited:
This is a very good idea, but I had not installed an sd yet! I will from now on. ST10 and q500. As soon as controller restarted all were ok. Before restart, no home no smart no angle mode worked ...I could not resist on upgrading firmware of drone on version 1.07 , but this the second flight after upgrade

Let's try this:
Put an SD card in the controller.
Remove the props.
Turn on the Drone and controller.
Don't start motors. At least not on this try.
Move the drone and controller as far apart as possible.
Watch the controller for a few minutes to see if connection is lost again.
If so, upload the flight logs.

Reactions: doctorn
Since the Q500 was still overhead when you lost the signal, it was already "Home". So it would have hovered until the battery got low and then it would have landed about 4-8 meters from the controller. If the Q had been farther away, it would have flown back to that position and hovered. It waits for the signal to be regained. If the signal does not return then it will land on low battery.

How long was the Q connected to the controller before you took off?

Reactions: WTFDproject
1-2 minutes. I turned on just a while ago without rotors and I noticed that it lost connection with camera for a few seconds. It wrote on top of screen with red letters. I will check it again tomorrow more seriously and upload files

Let's try this:
Put an SD card in the controller.
Remove the props.
Turn on the Drone and controller.
Don't start motors. At least not on this try.
Move the drone and controller as far apart as possible.
Watch the controller for a few minutes to see if connection is lost again.
If so, upload the flight logs.
Ι did this and I put the controller about 19 meters away from the drone. I noticed only that it lost wifi connection with camera when moving over 20 meters but no other loss of connection. I pluged controller on pc after switched off and on again, but there is no flightlog folder. Only, FPV- video, lost.dir and system volume information folder

Ι did this and I put the controller about 19 meters away from the drone. I noticed only that it lost wifi connection with camera when moving over 20 meters but no other loss of connection. I pluged controller on pc after switched off and on again, but there is no flightlog folder. Only, FPV- video, lost.dir and system volume information folder
Are you looking on the internal memory or the SD external memory? The FlightLog folder will be on the SD external memory.

I do not know if the antenna of the wifi works in such a way that it transmits better when the drone is on the air, but after the incident I have not flied it yet

Anyway, The drone landed has not lost connection for three times that was tested. I will fly tomorrow again. So maybe it was something that only happened once. I worry about the connection with the camera more at this time. I checked antenna plugs on camera and controller and seem to be in good contact. Flight will show. I hope it will not fall down, so that there is time to fly with the new battery that has not arrived yet! [emoji846]

Finally flied today and everything works great. No loss of connection or wifi as long as the drone was on the air and up to about 65 meters (I did not fly further). I just noticed that the mode indication on ST10 "home" or "smart" or "angle" was at "N/A" sometimes but control was at smart and reacted as expected. One question, how I disable gps manully? I see no option for it.

To switch off GPS stabilization hold right stick to the right and switch flight mode switch four times fast from Smart to RTH and forth and back.
Q500 will quit with sound. It flies more agile then...

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval