Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost my Breeze!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, a newbie here....
I Was a proud owner of a Breeze 4K from Wednesday until today Sat,5 de Mayo.
I took great videos and tested all the features on the first 3 days with no problems at all. I was impressed with the performance of the drone until I decided to go to the red river on the border of Texas and Oklahoma(FM677).... To make the long story short, I pulled the Breeze out of the case. installed the battery, turned it on, set it on the ground and walked back to my bike to grab my iPad and proceed to start the pre-flight checks. (MY IPAD WAS TURNED OFF) Before I could reach my iPad, the breeze started flying on it's own. It raised up to about 3 feet from the ground and started wobbling like crazy! I ran and tried to catch it, but the thing just took a dive into the river. It sank in less than 5 seconds!!!.
So, now I'm "droneless".....
Has anyone experienced anything similar?

We’re there other people around within about 300 feet of your position? If yes another Breeze owner may have hijacked your Breeze ( I think this is not very likely).

Another scenario is that the iPad was not off, but in standby mode. While away from your usual sources of WiFi connection it automatically connected with the Breeze ( I set an old iPhone 5s to only having WiFi set for the Breeze so it will always connect on its own when the Breeze is turned on). If Breeze Cam we’re still running in the background, it could have possibly launched the Breeze. Again, not very likely.

Open Breeze Cam, tap the burger, tap ? Support, tap FlightLogs, and scroll to see if a FlightLog was created at the time the Breeze autolaunched and ended up in the river. If there is a logfile, use the info in this thread Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs - Your Data is Needed to retrieve the FlightLogs to your computer. Go to the folder you saved them to, select and zip all log files, add .txt to the end of the zip file and post here in a reply using the Upload a File button. We can then analyze them to see if a cause can be found.

DoomMeister, thank you for your reply. I'll get the log files as soon as I can and share with you. There were no people other than my friend who was riding with me. No other drones in the vicinity. The iPad was turned off, I double check that every time. This is not the only or first drone I own. Never seen anything like this happen before. I am puzzled !!!

DoomMeister, thank you for your reply. I'll get the log files as soon as I can and share with you. There were no people other than my friend who was riding with me. No other drones in the vicinity. The iPad was turned off, I double check that every time. This is not the only or first drone I own. Never seen anything like this happen before. I am puzzled !!!

Very puzzling indeed! I really can’t think of anyway for the Breeze to automatically get airborne. I’ll await the log files.

Nope, perfect landings all the time....
Perfect landing is not hard landing.
Frequent landing on hard surface such as concrete driveway might eventually "break loose" a solder joint, a wire, a glued part, etc. inside the Breeze.
If something broke loose, you won't know the symptoms until the next fight.
An example of soft landing is on grass.

Hey Nikono....
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply. I can't agree more with you. All my landings have been in soft grass. Nothing abnormal. I had the drone for only 3 days and flew itabouit 10 times.

Guys, after going back to where the "accident" happened, I found out there's magnetic interference cused by the weather sensors under the bridge that monitor the water level, speed and so forth. The drone was sitting right in the middle of the lane. My guess is that those sensors work in conjunction with the satellites, hence the crazy response. I was so happy with the Breeze, that I went ahead and ordered another one just now.
Thank you all for your interest in helping me.

I'll post some videos and pics later.....

Reactions: CzarMark
To be 1,000% sure about "magnetic interference", you may want to tie the new Breeze to a rope then walk to the same spot :rolleyes::eek::oops:
Label the video for youtube, "drone gone wild."

I took great videos and tested all the features on the first 3 days with no problems at all. I was impressed with the performance of the drone until I decided to go to the red river on the border of Texas and Oklahoma(FM677).... To make the long story short, I pulled the Breeze out of the case. installed the battery, turned it on, set it on the ground and walked back to my bike to grab my iPad and proceed to start the pre-flight checks. (MY IPAD WAS TURNED OFF) Before I could reach my iPad, the breeze started flying on it's own. It raised up to about 3 feet from the ground and started wobbling like crazy! I ran and tried to catch it, but the thing just took a dive into the river. It sank in less than 5 seconds!!!.
Unfortunately almost a year ago I had the same. I started with my phone then it took off. Very fast and very high. Never to be found. The flight log says it never took off so Yuneec's won't do anything. We have four witnesses. However that didn't matter to Yuneec.

Bthomps4,
I haven’t even tried to contact yuneec...
I’ve read so many bad stories about their response, i just don’t want to get pissed off worse than what I am after this “incident”.....
It’s not worth my time......
I ordered a Mavic Air and another Breeze. I should be “maiden’ them on Saturday....

Thanks for your reply and input...

I heard of a typhoon being landed and turned off but when the operator went to pull the battery out the motors started up again.

Did you calibrate it?

Yes and no......
It was calibrated when I flew it at home that morning, but no, there was no connection to my iPad yet in order to calibrate on the location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig