Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost my laptop and drone

Reaction score
Last week's traveling time I lost my laptop and drone on the bus. But the problem is I haven't noticed the bus number. I inform the police but they are searching. I am afraid about my device's hard drive pictures, Apps, and all important documents. Is it possible to access/format my laptop or communicate with the operator of my laptop?

Bummer. Hopefully someone will turn them in to Lost & Found and the bus operator (metro, private, whatever) will contact you. Make sure you contact the owner/operator of the bus. They might already have them.

Or, a dishonest person may take advantage of your misfortune. You might start checking local sales channels, like (here in the US) Craigslist, eBay, etc...whatever you have where you are. Maybe take out an announcement and offer a reward.

As far as accessing your data, the typical person probably can't easily do it if your laptop is password protected, but it all depends on the brand/OS....and very much the skill level of the person who has it, or if they know someone. Just about anything can be broken with the right tools and skills. Unless you've employed multiple layers and destructive consequences for repeated failures (not common) yes, your data can be accessed.

If it's Apple, do you have the "Find My" enabled? Others may have something similar but I'v e been Mac since 2007 and left M$ with Vista.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If it was public transit you should call customer service to report the lost items, including route, date and time - which will be tied to the bus and operator number. They likely don't turn in all items daily to list and found, but two or three times a week. They also have tons of cameras on the bus and could ID someone who took the items which you could use when filing a police report.

As far as your data.. it's not impossible but it's more difficult to obtain if your system is password protected. But it's usually as easy as pulling the storage drive and plugging it into another system in order to access the raw data. I have never heard of a way to remote-format a PC without previously installed software to do so.

I hope you didn't have any tax return documents on there without encryption..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval