Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lucky? Ever happen to you

Reaction score
I probably should put this on the q500. Both yesterday and today practicing and getting good after almost giving up a year ago. Now keep me away. So 4 times in 2 days I practiced landing the 500 and tried the rth twice and the 1st time it would have landed on my head if I didn't move. The 2cd time it came within 4 feet of me. Same kind of plot. I like it but how is this happening? Same today. Not complaining at all but this isn't normal. Could the st12 be the reason.

The GPS will never be so accurate to make your drone to coming back in the same spot you start the flight. Always will be several feet away from where it started. So when it is coming back and is close to you just flip the RTH switch and control the landing by your self.

Reactions: 7cyclops
The rth was on so that's why I was surprised and I ended up doing it once manually.

Isnt it possible to change the position where it lands? In case of the Typhoon H you can simply use the right stick to move it a little in case it tries to land on rough terrain or even in a tree and so on.

It's not a problem really it just happened and better that than a tree right? I am not worried but thanks and it was a bit strange.

The GPS will never be so accurate to make your drone to coming back in the same spot you start the flight. Always will be several feet away from where it started. So when it is coming back and is close to you just flip the RTH switch and control the landing by your self.

I never use the home feature because I always picture the drone finding a small hole or uneven surface to land on. All measurement systems, including GPS, have measurement errors and that can result in them landing in different spots.

I also have used the rth and switch to manual and it's true that you need to be super careful as I learned the hard way.

I probably should put this on the q500. Both yesterday and today practicing and getting good after almost giving up a year ago. Now keep me away. So 4 times in 2 days I practiced landing the 500 and tried the rth twice and the 1st time it would have landed on my head if I didn't move. The 2cd time it came within 4 feet of me. Same kind of plot. I like it but how is this happening? Same today. Not complaining at all but this isn't normal. Could the st12 be the reason.
Hi everybody
I must admit I am a bit confused regarding how close return to home should be, I have purchased a new typhoon h professional not got round to use it yet but some of my small drones with made in China stamped on them come very close when I use return to home I am talking a foot to18 inches maximum from where it took off, and I am always hearing or reading about flyaways with the Typhoon h, in all my flying time I have never had a fly away, I suppose only time will tell or when I finally get round to flying the Typhoon h, I would like to say MANY THANKS for the fantastic help and information I have found on this site
Hi everybody
I must admit I am a bit confused regarding how close return to home should be, I have purchased a new typhoon h professional not got round to use it yet but some of my small drones with made in China stamped on them come very close when I use return to home I am talking a foot to18 inches maximum from where it took off, and I am always hearing or reading about flyaways with the Typhoon h, in all my flying time I have never had a fly away, I suppose only time will tell or when I finally get round to flying the Typhoon h, I would like to say MANY THANKS for the fantastic help and information I have found on this site

I have found that the h rth has been closer to me than the q500. I have no idea why I had that experience and I think it was a freak thing and I am not concerned at all. Both should land about 20 ft. from you. The recommendation about the landing area is really important because on the q can easily tip to one side or the infamous 3 wire problem that some of us have experienced more than once. The h is sensitive to a good flat area also but I have had 0 bad landings with it. If you have a good place you might want to remove the camera at first and practice landing manually . There are some great minds on this forum and after 1 1/2 years I 'm still a noob and always learning. You will get great advice on here from the folks (not me).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval