Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAJOR help needed - lost drone

I was part of the way through writing up my second post after @Vampyre9 posted the zip file that I remembered about the way the Breeze launches. There was a YouTube video a couple of years ago that showed what occurred when the filter glass was fogged or dirty. The Breeze would launch and gain altitude for about 20 seconds and then shutdown the motors and fall back to earth. The odd altitude in Vampyre9’s log finally dawned on me what was going on.

Went out again today in a new area....nothing. Saw an add for a used breeze for $70.....makes me wonder what’s wrong with it? Gonna put up some flyers tomorrow, with small reward, hopefully that works...

Your Breeze was at the geofence distance of 328 feet when it switched to landing mode. I don’t know if you got a geofence warning. The wind was out of the SW so with GPS off the drone should have drifted with the wind thus carrying it into the wooded area. If the woods are deciduous trees the lack of leaves right now should help in locating the Breeze.

They are, but I’ve only got permission to go so far from property owners. There is a subdivision near where it went down, so I’m making flyers tomorrow to drop off to the home owners there. Also.....ordered a new one today. Found it for $70, and couldn’t pass it up. The seller was selling a lot of clothing and random stuff as well, so I feel as if they didn’t know what they sell for.

Hope that one gives you better results. Be prepared to look for something other than Breeze_xxxxxx (where the x’s are the last six digits of the MAC address) for the SSID. The previous owner may have given it a different name.

Before taking off be sure you have GPS enabled and that you get a blue indicator for GPS on the telemetry icons.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
First flight of the day, even if I flew the day before, I always let the aircraft sit, powered up, for at least 5 minutes before I take off. If it's been 2 weeks or longer, then I set a 15-minute timer and find something else to do while it sits there and updates.

I do this with the H Pro, H+, Mavic 2 Pro, and Inspire 2. Doing this, I've never had any odd flight behavior, drifting, uncontrolled movement, or any other unexpected behavior. Of course, if there is any type of mechanical or electrical failure...

I'll be buying a gps to attach to it, so this never happens again. Thank you guys so much for the help, and I hope to be able to enjoy these forums and be able to help others in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop