Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q No Video Feed

Reaction score
I own both the Q500 4k and the Mantis Q but his problem is about my Mantis Q. I have never had a problem flying my Mantis with my old Android 8.0 phone an LG v30 plus, everything worked great. I purchased a new Android phone with Android 10 (Pie) an LG G8 ThinQ. I had no problems connecting the drone and controller. I just didn't have any video feed. I downloaded the latest Yuneec android app from Yuneec's support page, installed it. Again no problem connecting the drone and controller. I was able to move the gimble up and down, take pictures and video, (they showed up in the gallery) but no video feed. The last time I updated the firmware was through the old phone. I wasn't able to connect to the Yuneec's Upgrade server through the app on the new phone.

I have never crashed my Mantis, always flown successful flights with the old phone, and I keep it in a padded hard case. Does anyone else have problems with Android 10, or any suggestions? Was thinking maybe I was in a no fly zone, but would that prevent the video feed from not showing when I connect the drone and controller to the phone?

First, Yuneec’s server for the Mantis series is down once again. You cannot log in through the Yuneec Pilot app or update firmware until it is restored. Another reason I won’t buy a Mantis is the OTA update process, if the server is down you are hosed.

Second, is to make sure the cable between the controller and phone is data capable and not just a charging cable. This was discovered by another member within the past month. You can test by using your PC to transfer files from the phone via USB.

Appreciate your help, I will change out the cable and wait for the Mantis servers to be up again.

Has anyone taken over for Yuneec to act as a server for firmware updates?

Has anyone taken over for Yuneec to act as a server for firmware updates?
The OTA server is working or was last summer and fall when I was doing some repair work on a few Msntis Q’s.
Appreciate your help, I will change out the cable and wait for the Mantis servers to be up again.
Make sure you are signed in on the app or it may not allow access to the OTA server.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech