Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Max size for MicroSD

Reaction score
I got my Mantis last week, already made some test flights and planking on taking it for a 2 week vacation.
What's the largest MicroSD card that it will supoort?
I don't think this will be my first option for pictures during the trip, but certainly would be a bummer if I run out of storage. With 2 batteries, I will try to fly a few times a day

I got my Mantis last week, already made some test flights and planking on taking it for a 2 week vacation.
What's the largest MicroSD card that it will supoort?
I don't think this will be my first option for pictures during the trip, but certainly would be a bummer if I run out of storage. With 2 batteries, I will try to fly a few times a day

According to the User Manual this is the rated size
SD Card Capacity
CLASS 10 U1/U3 16G

The U3 (that is a U with a 3 inside of it) is the faster variety and will make better videos without smearing/jello due to slow write speed.

Since you can fly for up to 30 minutes on a battery you will want at least two 16GB U3 cards, one for each battery.

According to the User Manual this is the rated size
SD Card Capacity
CLASS 10 U1/U3 16G

The U3 (that is a U with a 3 inside of it) is the faster variety and will make better videos without smearing/jello due to slow write speed.

Since you can fly for up to 30 minutes on a battery you will want at least two 16GB U3 cards, one for each battery.

Thanks for your reply... what I understand from the quote (manual) is that it comes with that 16GB card. If I go with a 32 or 64 class 10, will it be able to read write to it?
Will test next weekend

If you will be doing video be sure to get the Class 10, U3 rated for the faster write speeds especially if you do any 4K video. The Class 10, U1 will supposedly be enough for 1080p HD. If you do video while flying in Sport mode you will still want the faster U3 SD card.

I am not sure about how it will handle larger cards. I am only quoting from the Yuneec User Manual.

Reactions: 2functionalMonster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33