Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Max takeoff weight of 3 Yuneec models

Reaction score
I'm looking for the Max takeoff weight of these 3 Yuneec models. I consider this figure(my own reference points) to be the weight that the drone with it's standard battery, standard gimbal/camera, can lift off the ground and obtain a height of 100 feet, and fly as expected(safely). Wind would also be another factor that would have a play into the Max takeoff weight, but, let's say that it is a calm day.

For the Q500+(white version) Yuneec has a figure of 60.0oz.

For the Q500 4K(black version) Yuneec has a figure of 60.0oz.

For the Typhoon H+ Yuneec has a figure of 73.6oz.

But, I'm not sure that these are the Max takeoff weight figures. Has anyone actually tested any of the above drones and what weights have you found that they can fly with?

Vertical take-off can produce more lift than moving maneuvers. The loss of the lift force depends on the desired speed and so on. Not everything is simple...

Reactions: Pilot28
I have flown many times with additional 450g of additional, blade guards, 360 cameras and lights. I does c ut your flight time. The most I ran was about 14mins before safely landing with a new battery (minimal charges)

Vertical take-off can produce more lift than moving maneuvers. The loss of the lift force depends on the desired speed and so on. Not everything is simple...
Yes, I do agree that everything is not simple. And, that flying in cold weather is different than hot weather. But, the above figures are actually from the Yuneec users guides for those models. I'm just looking for other users on the forum who have added weight to the drones(for whatever reasons) and have had the drone fly safely and land. Maybe one user attached a field mouse to their drone and flew it around. That's fine... how much did the mouse weigh.

I have flown many times with additional 450g of additional, blade guards, 360 cameras and lights. I does c ut your flight time. The most I ran was about 14mins before safely landing with a new battery (minimal charges)
And, the added weight will always cut into your max flying time. I bought my drones for photography and video production and will attach items needed for the shot. Now retired, I can't afford to accidently crash my birds. Thanks for the info. I have also seen some of the photos you have posted of your attachments and golf course video, very good work.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz