Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Merry Christmas from LA-la land, all!

Reaction score
Chris here, from that Los Angeles valley land! Kinda gloomy and a little wet here, light rain, cool to cold. Usually this would be very welcome after all that hot and dry weather lately but I think we're just getting punch drunk now and some of us are just waiting for all this newly-fed greenery to get roasted, toasted and tindered next fire season.

Anyway, great flying to all in the coming year and onwards! No, I don't have a Yuneec at this moment, but I had a 500 before and am wanting to get an H+, or maybe an H3 if it turns out to be any good.

I'm a pro-level film maker for many decades, an R/C hobbyist and private pilot for the last two of those, and a 107 commercial drone pilot from back when 107 started. Don't fly as much nowadays since my day job increased in intensity, but still love to fly and get out whenever I can.

To that end, I'd be looking to trim my flight line down, so anybody looking to build theirs up please get in touch!

Happy 2020!

L1460117 EQUIP STILLS web.jpg

Chris here, from that Los Angeles valley land! Kinda gloomy and a little wet here, light rain, cool to cold. Usually this would be very welcome after all that hot and dry weather lately but I think we're just getting punch drunk now and some of us are just waiting for all this newly-fed greenery to get roasted, toasted and tindered next fire season.

Anyway, great flying to all in the coming year and onwards! No, I don't have a Yuneec at this moment, but I had a 500 before and am wanting to get an H+, or maybe an H3 if it turns out to be any good.

I'm a pro-level film maker for many decades, an R/C hobbyist and private pilot for the last two of those, and a 107 commercial drone pilot from back when 107 started. Don't fly as much nowadays since my day job increased in intensity, but still love to fly and get out whenever I can.

To that end, I'd be looking to trim my flight line down, so anybody looking to build theirs up please get in touch!

Happy 2020!

View attachment 19497
I'd say you have a nice collection. Some good for the movies. Some not. What are some example films you used your uav's in.

Russell, greetings!

Agreed, there's some there used for what we might loosely term 'backyard movies' - they won't screen bigger than streaming size and don't pay enough to charge the batteries for the heavy lifters... :)

My heavy lifters have been used in several TV series, and recently some feature films that will be posted on my Dr1cam website. Countless real estate and architectural B roll shots, though, a French travel channel, etc. i.e. the usual exterior establishing work that most LA-based droners compete for. I'm not union and not in the big leagues, drone-wise, but still have enough business to keep the business open.

More recently I've moved into general production though (from post prod as my day job) so really only fly these days to keep my currency and flying chops up, shoot for my own productions, and the occasional job for a return client from when I was doing this full-time.

You?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss