Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Military commanders get OK to shoot down drones over bases

I'm OK with this. LOL - can I get the contract? Especially DJI aircraft - no telling what info they gather and beam back to the motherland.

Being former military I agree shoot and ask questions later. BTW there are other methods used to shoot down without using ammo. :D

This - you don't need bullets to take a drone out of the sky and the Military has great options that don't require explosives. Suffice to say, if you're stupid enough to fly a drone over a military or government installation, losing your drone will be the least of your worries.

It takes a letter from the base commander to even have a personal firearm on most bases. They are reviewing that last I heard. In any case, don't go poppin' off a shot from your firearm on base and you'll get a free ride with those guys with the letters "MP" on their sleeves. On most training bases, there are designated areas where you can fly your "hobby or recreation only drone". But you have to notify base operations if you'll be flying drones on base and specifically when and where. If you are within 5 miles of any base airfield or heli-pad, you're within a no fly zone and must contact the air operations OIC for permission. The rules differ somewhat if you are a commercial drone operator. All the base notifications still apply. You can forget about it if you are assigned to a base where weapons development or other sensitive operations are conducted. Save yourself the headache. Best to find somewhere off-base to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss