Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mine on its way back from being repaired.

Reaction score
Hello all,

So back on July 27th my bird felt the need to become a submarine. It started to drift away and took off on me and just wanted to go become a submarine in the lagoon. It ended up 20ft deep sitting on the bottom of the lagoon. I was in shock!! :eek: - Surprising the lights were still on down there in the bottom of the lagoon because as we tried to bring it up we seen the lights on the bird - but once we tried to bring it up we lost it and it went back down and then because it was so deep the lights were not seen anymore. But after 1 hour of trying to get the bird back up and out of the water we did it - whew what a job that was. I had a very long rope in my Jeep that I use to help people who are stranded in snow during the winters here in Chicago and with hooks on each end and I made a lasso to slide along the bottom of the lagoon to latch on to the H and pull it up if possible in the dark waters and in the evening dusk. So when we got it out I immediately pulled the battery as the lights were still on. So I dried the H off it in rice for the weekend and then noticed this is not going to start. Its dead. 3 lights were working but it was dead. I called Yuneec and they gave me a RA and said send it in. Okay I did.

So its on its way back and I have a tracking number. There was no charge - and I received an invoice but all charges were totaled up at end to $0. I can say Yuneec will be my choice of a drone going forward. They honor the warranty as I hoped for and I give my top most respect to them for resolving this issue.

So my question is.....
The battery was of course damaged from this ordeal. When I spoke to CS they told me at time of RA number not to send the battery in and I think (I may be wrong - I am getting old) she said battery its not covered. Well why wouldn't the battery be covered since its not my fault and its a warranty coverage?

Also I know I am not trying to nitpick and I am truly grateful to Yuneec for them honoring the warranty and that they are covering this malfunction but they did say shipping charges will be returned. How do I go about getting that? It was close $50 to ship to them. Just curious.

The tracking number shows it will be here next Thursday so its in transit as I write this. I seen the email last night but of course they were closed for me to call and ask these questions. I hope they are sending me a new battery. The one I got is bad - it has water damage. It won't charge either.

BUT wanted to praise Yuneec and give them 5 stars for fixing my drone. Cant wait to see it on Thursday.
:)

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Any idea what caused the problem in the first place?
That is good to hear how Yuneec takes care of their customers!

Hello all,

So back on July 27th my bird felt the need to become a submarine. It started to drift away and took off on me and just wanted to go become a submarine in the lagoon. It ended up 20ft deep sitting on the bottom of the lagoon. I was in shock!! :eek: - Surprising the lights were still on down there in the bottom of the lagoon because as we tried to bring it up we seen the lights on the bird - but once we tried to bring it up we lost it and it went back down and then because it was so deep the lights were not seen anymore. But after 1 hour of trying to get the bird back up and out of the water we did it - whew what a job that was. I had a very long rope in my Jeep that I use to help people who are stranded in snow during the winters here in Chicago and with hooks on each end and I made a lasso to slide along the bottom of the lagoon to latch on to the H and pull it up if possible in the dark waters and in the evening dusk. So when we got it out I immediately pulled the battery as the lights were still on. So I dried the H off it in rice for the weekend and then noticed this is not going to start. Its dead. 3 lights were working but it was dead. I called Yuneec and they gave me a RA and said send it in. Okay I did.

So its on its way back and I have a tracking number. There was no charge - and I received an invoice but all charges were totaled up at end to $0. I can say Yuneec will be my choice of a drone going forward. They honor the warranty as I hoped for and I give my top most respect to them for resolving this issue.

So my question is.....
The battery was of course damaged from this ordeal. When I spoke to CS they told me at time of RA number not to send the battery in and I think (I may be wrong - I am getting old) she said battery its not covered. Well why wouldn't the battery be covered since its not my fault and its a warranty coverage?

Also I know I am not trying to nitpick and I am truly grateful to Yuneec for them honoring the warranty and that they are covering this malfunction but they did say shipping charges will be returned. How do I go about getting that? It was close $50 to ship to them. Just curious.

The tracking number shows it will be here next Thursday so its in transit as I write this. I seen the email last night but of course they were closed for me to call and ask these questions. I hope they are sending me a new battery. The one I got is bad - it has water damage. It won't charge either.

BUT wanted to praise Yuneec and give them 5 stars for fixing my drone. Cant wait to see it on Thursday.
Boy! You sure got you H really early last July 27th 2015??? LOL, I think you mean June 27th my friend! Don't worry at my age, I do it all the time!:confused:

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Hello all,

So my question is.....

Should have killed power the second it hit water as to help perhaps avoid shorting things out, but not always thinking(Me) in emergent situations ! Very glad you got her back Sam !

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Just got off the phone with Mr Miller from Yuneec and they are sending me a replacement battery due to mine was soaked. I haven't seen the tracking yet but hopefully soon. I also asked about the shipping charges and then he requested from me some proof for my shipping charges. I have sent it in to him via email and now I am hoping they can recover my shipping charges. He was surprised that I was told to ship my H on my own and I didn't receive a shipping label from them. So proof has been sent to him and I will see if I get my shipping charges returned here hopefully soon. I don't think it will be a problem recovering it but the future will hold the answer. I was also told that before any drone is sent back - it goes thru a 21 step inspection to verify all is fine. Just updating you all.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Hey @Samuel Fowler glad to hear you're about to get your TH back. Mine has been MIA over at Yuneec Europe for nearly three weeks now and not a peep from them. I think they're punishing me a bit for the verbal thrashing I gave them on FB.:rolleyes:

I hope soon you will be getting yours back working perfectly. I know the waiting process sucks.

My battery is on its way as well.
battery.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval