Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mini Zoom Lens for H !

I have to say the replacement lens looks sharper and appears to have better chroma characteristics.
The stock lens has a severe red cast, which mine has and seems to be common to all the videos I've seen. It's quite difficult to correct in post so I'll definitely be looking to get one of these lenses.

My lens seems to work just fine for color accuracy but I've always enjoyed a narrower field of view, I changed all my GoPros to 5.4mm lenses when I was using them with Phantoms. By the way I was happy to see today that Yuneec USA is now using my Iceland footage on their website...

Reactions: Yuneec_Usa
To be fair, your beautiful Iceland shots don't look overly warm. Did you grade the footage at all?

To be fair, your beautiful Iceland shots don't look overly warm. Did you grade the footage at all?
All I did to the files in FCP- X with Vector Scopes was set a highlight and Shadow point...there was no color correction, I shot raw at a low ISO,
1080 P 60 fps.

Yes I have to agree that the 16MP did not make any sense to me either and Im still not really sure how it 'Resolves' to 16MP.
However, as a landscape photographer there are many times I have needed a long focal length, I occasionally use up to 200mm or longer on a full frame DSLR and have even used 500mm.

I have not decided yet, as you say it will void the warranty, I wonder how much for another CGO3+? It would be cool to have few of these. I am hoping Yuneec will brng something out camera or lens wise soon so holding off on this until I am sure.

I'm not sure about the ethics of using a drone for wildlife photography tbh
Why? we use the in National Parks all the time for studies and preservation purposes, and nothing ethically wrong about it. Within Park studies it has never once bothered or harmed the animals in anyways !

Once when I was shooting a Bald Eagle flew up to my Phantom and inspected it and then flew away, horses, cows, Sandhill Cranes and other animals I've flown around show curiosity which soon turns to disinterest once they recognize it will not harm them. For some environmental tasks it's the least invasive way to examine wildlife...I'm using them extensively in Iceland to examine the results of climate change.

Reactions: DroneClone
It doesn't "resolve to 16 megapixels" it has the ability to resolve data up to 16 megapixels for sensors that produce a file that large.
Does that make sense to you now. It is a term of expression for what it can resolve relative to what size sensor is being used
If you had an 8 megapixel lens for example it would not look very good on a 16 megapixel sensor because it is not able to deliver thru the lens all the data at the quality created by the sensor
Thank you. Yes that makes sense. :)

Drones are used in many BBC natural history programmes.
OK to all the comments re wildlife. My post was perhaps a bit of a sweeping statement. However as a wildlife photographer myself I like to work without causing the animal any distress. Modern times and digital photography has increased the standard of wildlife photography to the extreme and magazines often publish work without any consideration of the ethics involved. Some photographers will go to any length to get the shot sometimes resulting in disturbance of protected species etc.
I agree though that drone photography has its place but I can see some using them to get too close to nesting birds etc.
Regarding the BBC, they produce some fantastic work but even they have come under fire for some unethical techniques.
So yes, I agree they have their place, but I do think we have a duty of care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece