Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

motor heat

Warm to the touch is OK, but if they are too hot to touch, that likely an issue... as important to check... is a specific motor noticeably hotter than the others, which would be indicative of a motor about to fail.

The UK is having one of its occasional heat waves at the moment, so I did a quick flight in the midday sun (35 in the shade) to see how it would cope. Under normal British temperatures I can do 5 flights in a row and my motors will be gently warm to the touch, even if there was quite a lot of wind-fighting going on. Today, I did one, short, calm flight, against zero wind, and the motors came back too hot to touch (all of them) so I decided to abandon the rest of the session until things had cooled down a bit. Did I do the right thing, or could I have got away with flying another 2 packs in those sort of conditions, do you think ? What sort of other symptoms should be we be looking out for as a sure sign of heat trouble ?

I fly in the tropical Caribbean all the time and have never had an issue with motors getting too hot and fail.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430